1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

High on the Mountain

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by sag38, Mar 4, 2008.

1. sag38

sag38 Active Member

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

So???? Which do you believe???

The news report of some "Yahoo" making light of Scripture truth???

Or the truth of Scripture???

3. North Carolina Tentmaker

From the link:
    So let's see. There is too much proof for him to discount it as legend, but he refuses to believe in a God that can perform miracles. Of course that leaves us with mind altering drugs. That is a much easier explanation than believing God did it. After all if the law was actually given by God then it might have a purpose other than suppressing my natural desire to take mind altering drugs. I think this story would make a lot more sense if I was high.

#3 North Carolina Tentmaker, Mar 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2008
  4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

It's on the equivalent with the swoon theory and other such non-sense.

5. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

I would say that this article is unbelievable--but, unfortunately, it is not.

It is so fabulous to be enlightened by one who PROFESSES to having used psychotropic drugs and having "religious experiences". I can now totally discredit all my own personal experience with my Lord and Savior. Since I've never done ANY kind of drugs, I've never had the privilege of seeing that burning bush or all that hocus-pocus stuff....therefore, all the other stuff must just be my desire to "be good"....seeing as how all humankind is basically "good at heart".:rolleyes:

6. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I have just heard this on our local BBC radio station, Radio Devon. It reminds me of something I read a long time ago concerning Abraham, in a book written by another person who clearly did not believe the bible to be the very Word of God. He wrote something like this, concerning the incident when Abraham went to offer Isaac on Mount Moriah:
    Abraham was a puzzled man. He had to learn that he could serve God without resorting to child sacrifice, like the people round about him did.

This author was obviously prepared to believe that Abraham thought up the idea himself! People will believe anything, however bizzare or nonsensical, rather than believe God. And we would have been just the same, had He not reached out to us iin His love, mercy and grace, praise His wonderful name!