1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Highjacked computer

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Revmitchell, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever heard of someone taking over your computer running through your files right in front of you? It is happening to my brother right now any suggestions?

#1 Revmitchell, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2009
  2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I head over to http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13616 the few times I've gotten those pesky things. Have him follow the instruction carefully then make a new post with the log they request and a security person will help get rid of that thing.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hubby says the first step is to disable the internet. Unplug the computer.

From there, most likely he'll need some more help from someone experienced. He should take it to someplace that can do that sort of thing. There's probably a hidden program allowing him to get in.

4. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Sounds like he needs a good fire wall. Anyone that has DSL needs a good firewall because your computer can be accessed this way without one. But now he probably has something in his computer that he needs to remove. He could totaly reformat his entire computer if he has the disk that came with it when purchased allowing him to do so, and that should wipe it out (along with everything else so he will need to back up his stuff on disk) or if he wants to try and get it out he could try downloading something like Spybot and run a scan.

5. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Here is a good program that I have used for years.

http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-10399324.html?cdlPid=11008183

I have a legal license that you can activate the PRO version with. There are like 9,000 of these free licenses (normally I think it costs like $40/year, and this free one is good for 6 months) left and I will be glad to IM you the user name and product key to activate it if you would like.

This program cleans out registry errors, spywarem trojans, junk files, temp internet files, browser history, as well as hijackers...it also optimizes your browser settings.

As Steven said, it could be lack of a firewall, or improper settings, and this program will scan the security settings and fix the firewall.

You will be amazed at how much faster your PC will run with all of that junk cleaned out.
    AJ

#5 ajg1959, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2009