Highlighting and Editing Problem

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by preachinjesus, Jan 20, 2016.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus
    Expand Collapse
    Supporter

Perhaps it is just me. If it is just let me know the quick fix. (I'm using OS X with the latest update for Safari)

When I go to reply to a post, one of the things I try to do is highlight appropriate sections and delete the content that I'm not replying to. So instead of reposting the entire post, it is edited down to the salient points. However, lately, I cannot get to happen on my OS X laptop. I'll take the cursor, placing it over a word and begin to highlight (in order to delete) and the whole thing flies down to the end of the post and then I'm looking at the bottom of the page. (I hope I'm stating these things properly)

This makes it that I cannot selectively highlight and delete text in posts. Instead I have to go to the end of a line, paragraph, or content, and press the delete button until the text is deleted individually. This takes considerable time.

So, I'm curious if others are having this problem or if its just me. When I edit and post using my iOS browser on my iPad I don't have this problem.

Thanks for any feedback.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

I have been having different editing problems when I try to reply. It has been really squirrely lately.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight
    Expand Collapse

Same here. Two ways that I know of how to accomplish this.

1. Simply click on reply and the whole post will be quoted whereupon you may delete things as you see fit. This is the method I use. When I do it, I don't have any problems highlighting text by clicking and holding the left mouse button down and then releasing it at the desired point. I'm using a PC.

2. Highlight the original text in the original post by clicking and holding the left mouse button down and releasing it where desired. A small button will pop up saying "Reply". Click on that and your new post will start, showing only the text you highlighted.

It sounds like you can't highlight text at all. Have you checked your mouse settings?

What about trying the SHIFT-ARROW method of highlighting? Does that work? It's clunky, but better than holding the delete key down for whole sentences.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus
    Expand Collapse
    Supporter

Looks like its fixed now.

I'll definitely try #2 in the future. I had not thought of that. Thanks!

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus
    Expand Collapse
    Supporter

Maybe some of our collective, squirrely discussions have finally broken BB's will...it is rebelling.

• Funny Funny x 1