1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Hillary Clinton Is Now The Most Religious Candidate Running For President.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, May 21, 2016.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, let God handle the violent, but not microbes.

Thank God he (or she) hasn't said anything about Purgatory . . . a banning would come down faster than Bill Clinton's pants. But constantly and consistently imply the unborn are not living, and as long as you share PM's with the administrators you're safe.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NAILED IT!!!!

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SO-CALLED CHRISTIAN is the operative term.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Break His Laws & you go to Hell for Eternity

5. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if we are going to follow your logical form, because we are all sinners in God's eyes, than the government also shouldn't punish those who rape or steal?

after all, according to you who are we to righteously judge a punishment for the sins of others?
    Please see that your line of reasoning is not logical, Scripture plainly teaches that the government bears the sword to punish evil doers and that's found in the book of Romans, a New testament book.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's YOUR logical form. It does not align with anything that I said. In accordance with the finished work of Christ on the Cross, my POV is that no CHRISTIAN should be advocating the death of another for anything. As Christ showed us mercy when we were each worthy of death and hell, so too should we advocate mercy instead of death.

What I said CHRISTIANS should advocate has NOTHING to do with what the secular government advocates or punishes for.

I spoke to what I believe the CHRISTIAN position should be in lieu of The Cross.

Nope. That's according to Scripture.

I wasn't shooting for logical. What I said aligns with Scripture. What YOU THOUGHT I said does not.

Umm, I didn't say otherwise about what the government "can" do. That same government makes it legal for babies' skulls to be cracked and them vacuumed out their mother's wombs.

I spoke to what Scripture points to should be the position of CHRISTIANS when it comes to capital punishment. As such, in accordance again with the mercy that Christ showed us when we were deserving of death, the position of the Christian should be to NOT advocate for anybody's death, but in it's place, life and the same mercy Christ showed us.

YOUR position is only logical if you think you're less deserving of death than the next sinner.

Some of yall need to stop this pretense that you're pro- life while you're advocating for the taking of a life.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that sje os probably religious in the same sense as president Obama has shown himself to be, but the truth is still that neither of them by their deeds and actions have shown us fruit of knowing jesus in a real saving sense!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I'll leave the state of a person's salvation up to God. Not for me to judge that. Right?