1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hillary Speach

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Aug 25, 2016.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Is anyone else listening to Hillary speaking about Trump and thinking she doesn't even realize she is talking about herself? Trump hammered the truth about Hillary and the Dems today in NH. He is really beginning to get under Hilary's skin. Hillary is forced to respond now, Trump has her pegged, she is crying RACIST!!!

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I listened to it last night. She made him look like the bigot he is without ever calling him one.
    It was actually one of those speeches where Trump was swatted like a fly.

I think she's had that speech ready for a while. I'm no fan, but paraphrasing the words of a Georgia great commentator "She stepped on his face with a hobnail boot and broke his nose! She just crushed his face!"

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think for me it had no impact because of who it was coming from. Like the pot calling the kettle black. So it didn't move me any.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Oh I understand. I'm just saying that from a third party view of someone who will not be voting for either candidate, she made him look as small as a quark.

She delineated beautifully why a much better case for why DT is the bigot could be made without ever calling him one.

It reminded me of how God went off on Job. "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?"

5. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hilary is never going to get my vote, any more than Trump will, but I have to say after reading her speech, I do appreciate the fact that she, made a clear distinction between traditional conservative Republicans, and the Alt-Right (The Trump party). Sure it's a political move on her part, but I still appreciate the distinction nonetheless, because she could have just as easily, and politically did a we told you traditional conservative Republicans are racist speech.

From her speech:
    "This is not conservatism as we have known it. This is not Republicanism as we have know it. These are race-baiting ideas, anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant ideas, anti-woman –– all key tenets making up an emerging racist ideology known as the ‘Alt-Right.’"
    Transcripts found here:https://www.washingtonpost.com/news.../hillary-clintons-alt-right-speech-annotated/

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yeah but it comes from the pot calling the kettle black. Hillary and the Dems declare conservatives racist all the time. So it was meaningless for me to hear her speech.

7. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Granted which is why she could have just as easily said we told you so, she didn't and as a Conservative who wants nothing to do with the Alt Right, I appreciate the distinction.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Beautifully said. I think a lot of folks appreciated that she pointed out that what DT is serving is extremism.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, she did pigeon-hole him correctly.

However because of her own "dirty laundry" and an abundance of it, the speech did not come across as effectively as possible.

Also her presentation is poor. She has a shrill, harsh and nagging voice with an occasional shriek thrown in.
    Also she uses flailing arms (like a Tourettes Syndrome victim) in her presentation - very poor presentation.
    She needs debate/speech presentation tutoring badly.

She would be much better off NOT moving or minimal moving of her arms or hands.
    She would also fair better using a monotone of low decibels with a good electronic sound VOLUME only amplification.
    She needs a good chemistry job of her throat just before her speeches to give her a softer more feminine voice.
    It makes me wonder what is wrong with her advisers?

These are of course all externals and granted her admirers will not care about any of this however they are not the ones she needs to win over.

HankD

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Hank it's almost as though she's always trying too hard to be demonstrative. DT has that demonstrative tone too. They are both awful at it.

#10 Zaac, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes it's true - think of Hillary's past - politician, should have better oratory skills.

Obama - with out a doubt is the orator in chief.

HankD