1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hillary's Genius

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by North Carolina Tentmaker, Feb 5, 2008.

1. North Carolina Tentmaker

They have been playing this Hillary clip over and over on the radio this morning and it is driving me crazy. She says:

Does she have any clue about how this would devastate the US economy?

If you stop foreclosures you also stop new loans. Financial institutions do not foreclose on people at random, these are delinquent mortgages, usually way delinquent. Lending agencies don't want to foreclose, it is the last resort to recoup some of their money. Very seldom is the reposessed property going to pay off the loan. So if they can't get their mony back when the loan goes bad they are going to stop lending it out.

If you freeze interest rates you also stop new loans, at least for a portion of the people wanting them. Those with great credit can still get loans, but those risky loans, the ones lending institutions know will include a certain percentage of bad loans. They will no longer be profitable and so they will no longer be made.

And you know who will have the hardest time getting loans don't you, people with damaged or poor credit. I don't want to be racist or classist, but lower income and minority groups make up this population.

So what happens to our economy when we stop lending people money? Well people stop buying stuff, especially big stuff like houses and cars. Then the people who build houses and cars have no customers. Then we see unemployment soar and guess what? we have more foreclosures and reposessions.

And you know

AHHHHHHH! This kind of thinking drives me nuts.

The only solution for the current mortgage crisis is for the government to stay out of it. Institutions that made bad loans will recoup some of their losses but will learn from their mistake and be more careful on future loans. People who took out bad loans will loose the stuff they bought with other people's money and will hopefully learn not to take out loans they can't pay. If the government bails them out then lenders and borrowers will make more bad loans, why not old Uncle Sam, or Aunt Hillary will pay the bill. If the government stiffs the lenders then they are going to be much more conservative in their loan policies.

Less government = more freedom, more money, and more happiness for everyone.

OK, thanks for letting me rant.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least it is a consistant logic. She supports overlooking not paying on your home loan and she supports overlooking crossing into this country illegally.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She has been referred to as "the smartest woman in the world".

Are you guys suggesting otherwise?

4. North Carolina Tentmaker

Be careful there carpro, one of the ladies on this board is going to be greatly offended. If she is the smartest woman in the world what does that say about the rest of them?

Hey, this is my 1000th post. Does that come with fireworks?

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

7. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Hey Rippon. You could hit 3000 tonight!

8. North Carolina Tentmaker

Well that depends on the post.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think it would also cut down on payments because;

I think we should vote her in. Who needs a house payment anyway? :thumbs:

10. North Carolina Tentmaker

You know that is an excellent point LeBuick. Why should I make payments if they can't do anything to me about it?

Elect Hillary and I can stop making payments and still get to live in my house. Who cares if the economy crashes, I'll have mine.

I am voting Democrat now! We just have to make sure Hillary beats that Arab dude from Kenya.

11. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Would you like to edit this post and reword it so it sounds like you're a Christian as least?

Although I don't agree with all his positions and poilicies, this "dude" is an American, born in Hawaii and his neither Arab or from Kenya.

To say otherwise is an outright lie, very unChrist like and plain ole' wrong.

Geezz.. You would think that a person that is a Christian could disagree with someone in a manner and tone that Jesus taught.

Jamie

12. North Carolina Tentmaker

No I will not edit my post. I am sorry if I offended you but not sorry enough to edit my words. The entire post is in jest, I will not vote for Hillary or Obama, or any other member of the democratic party because I believe their party's goal is to destroy the country that I love. I oppose both of them on virtually every issue and cannot imagine any way they could gain my support. My only regret is that there are no real alternatives as the Republicans still running for president are almost as liberal as they are. I may not vote in November, I can not imagine voting for McCain, but I will not vote for Hillary or Obama.

You are correct in your facts and I will restate them just so no one gets the wrong idea from my earlier post. Senator Barach Hussein Obama is an American and was born in Hawaii. He deserves the respect we should show any elected member of our government and I am sorry if my quip was insulting to him. My reference to him as being from Kenya refers to his father, also named Barack Obama was born in Kenya. The senator's father and mother met while they were students at the University of Hawaii and they separated when Barack was only 2. His father has been deceased for many years and I meant no disrespect on him, his family, or his country, my only point was to highlight the foreign ties of this man seeking to lead our country.

My reference to Barack being an Arab is of course in error and was intended in jest. His is not Arab at all and my reference was to his ties to the religion of Islam which includes many Arabs but all Arabs are not Muslims and of course all Muslims are not Arabs. I understand that and assumed that readers of this Board would also understand that. Barack's ties to Islam of course include the fact that he does have an islamic name, it is his father's religion, and it is his stepfather's religion. While living with his stepfather in Indonesia Barack attened Islamic schools until he moved to Hawaii to live with his grandparents when he was in the 5th grade.

I did not intend the term "Arab Dude from Kenya" to be insulting, only humorous. Would you rather I called him "boy?"

#12 North Carolina Tentmaker, Feb 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2008
  13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you look back through all your posts what you will find is a large portion of them are complaining about other posts. As far as what "manner and tone that Jesus taught" would this be an example:

Joh 8:42 - Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
    Joh 8:38 - I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
    Mt 16:23 - But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
    Mt 10:34 - think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

14. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

That's your right not to edit a post. I did report your post and await for a moderator to show me if a comment such as this is a Christian one.

With that, one can understand where and what you meant, an dhow you didn't mean anything bad by it. On the other hand, it's still wrong to disrespectful and wrong to label people with rumors and not have the facts straight.

There are alot of people on this board and elsewhere that have the wrong understanding on where he came from and who he is. We can disagree with his policies but we should never belittle someone with racial comments. He is, like all of us, one of God's children.

Thanks for clearly up that you meant no harm. I would like to think that no one on this forum would mean anything to hurt anyone else, but in the last few days more people have been hashing out racials remarks about Obama so it's become unclear what people mean when they say things. I have to think they mean what they say until they tell me otherwise. Your post, in your opinion, was in line with this whole thread which again in your opinion was in jest.

He don't have any more foreign ties then any one us if all we're going on is his families background. We're all from "somewhere" and it's not always nice and clean. We can't be held accountable to our famlies past. He has plenty to be held accountable for, but this isn't one of them.

Again, how can we hold him accountable for something he had no part in? Did you pick your name? If it happen to mean something or cause people to think negatively would that be your fault?

Was, past tense. He stopped being a muslim and was an atheist before Obama was even born.

Again, thank you for clarifing your only meant it as a joke. And no, boy wouldn't work any better. :)

I believe you didn;t mean anything by it and I am sorry I brought it up, but it's just become over the last few weeks "easy" for some to be racially motived by their posts and they seem to think it's ok. I seem to think that even though I don't like his policies, I have to respect him as a man.

Take care my friend
    Jamie

15. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

While I am human just as we all are, and make mistakes I don't sling around the racial cards by no means. To say otherwise is a lie.

I am sure as you looked though all my posts you also took the time to look through yours? I am sure we can agree with we all make mistakes. The difference is some of us will readily admit to them when shown, others... simple ignore what they don't want to hear.

A mistake isn't the key.. learning from them and trying not to make the same ones... that is the key.

Jamie

16. North Carolina Tentmaker

I can agree with that. Peace

17. North Carolina Tentmaker

Of course the entire thread is not in jest. I do believe that Hillary's "cure" for the current mortgage crisis would be devastating to our economy. Now that is serious.

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who said anything of the sort?

And some of us spend an enormous amount of time pointing out the mistakes of others. Or at least their perception of mistakes. Disagreeing about ideas is one thing, spending so much time on complaints about other posts is quite another subject.

19. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I took it that you were implying it.. I am sorry if I was wrong.

Then you have the wrong opinion of me and I believe my posts on this board would disagree with you. I know you don't like my opinions at times and that effects your judgememt, that's ok. We can't all get along perfectly all the time.

Will I point out a mistake if I see it? Yes. Do I expect the same? Yes. You will notice that a lot of my posts are in a debate section, where pointing out mistakes and information flaws are part of the game. :)

I at least step up and admit my mistakes when I am called on them. I also respond and answer questions about my position when asked. It makes for a nice discussion when two parties that disagee go back and forth learning from each other vers one party just out right ignoring the question or never admiting they are wrong don't you think?

With this, my beef was with Tentmaker and we have resolved it, so that's all that matters. :flower:

Jamie

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just because someone does not line up with your or my or anyone's political viewpoint does not mean that he/she wants to destroy this country.

Do you honestly believe that liberals want to destroy the country that they live in?

Comments such as these make no more sense than when liberals say the same thing about conservatives.