1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hindsight

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Apr 21, 2007.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We know from scripture that it is God who moves the hearts of men to put in place governments for our blessings or for our chastisement. This is fact #1.

We know from scripture that God will use one government to tear down another. This being only one way of many that God may change a system. He could use catastrophy or a lone gunman or strike a man with a heartattack. Many different ways but all from the same God for His will to be done and for His purposes. Fact #2.

Sometimes God has revealed in precise detail how He is going to change a leadership, but most times we can have no idea until it has happened, thus "hindsight".

You hear people saying this....."if I knew what I know now about going to war to remove a dictator, I would have voted differently"...that is would have chosen to NOT do it.

These people are ignorant to the fact that God's will has been carried out and are now saying to God..."you are wrong and unjust to have used us to remove this butcher". It is done, God's will is done. Why change your mind as an informed Christian who ought to know the scriptures and God's ways?

God laid it on the hearts of both democrats and republicans as well as independents to vote for a charge to remove Saddam. Since the removal was completed, it can be said that the vote was Right and the vote was God's will and the motive for this war was noble and Just. This should be the biblical mindset view concerning "hindsight".

People should not be saying they would change their mind in hindsight if they want to stay on God's side of the issue, but in hindsight should see that God's will was done.

And those who opposed the war from the get go, well in hindsight they have been proven to be on the wrong side of God's will from the beginning. If Saddam would not have fallen then we still wouldn't know if God really wanted us to take him out yet. And if we bailed out and Saddam remained, then the hindsight would have changed to God's will did not want Saddam removed yet.

Christians should participate in polotics, but Christians should not lose focus of the sovereinty of God and realize that men do not call the shots when it comes to determining the course God has laid out for this world.

We should OBSERVE the events and through hindsight know when we are on the right side or wrong side of the issue.

God Bless! :thumbs:

2. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

...Hogwash!

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I don't know that I'd go quite as far as some of the things you said, but I agree with most of it and think you raise some very good points.

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "We know from scripture that it is God who moves the hearts of men to put in place governments for our blessings or for our chastisement".

"We know from scripture that God will use one government to tear down another. This being only one way of many that God may change a system. He could use catastrophy or a lone gunman or strike a man with a heartattack. Many different ways but all from the same God for His will to be done and for His purposes".

"Sometimes God has revealed in precise detail how He is going to change a leadership, but most times we can have no idea until it has happened, thus "hindsight"."

This you say is "hogwash"? Have you not recieved these precepts from reading God's word? If you have, I would not call God's precepts "hogwash".

God Bless!

5. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I did not say that God's Word was "hogwash." I was referring to you interpretation and application of His Word.

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Got it! :thumbs:

God Bless!