1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hindu witnessing?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by TFT, Dec 3, 2003.

1. TFT

TFT New Member

alright here's my story so I used to be a weird kid (still am) and I used to stalk this hindu hotty around my school, then I stumble upon occult practices and deaden my soul to this world with drugs and every other filth on earth trying to get to know this girl a bit better. Anyways long story short I find God in the middle of all this bullcrap and rely on Him fully. Next year I come back and everyone is impressed with my massive change, especially this really hot hindu, I go on about how her religion is wrong and she gets her panties all up in a bunch and tries to contort all my Christian friends to make me shut up. They aren't very well defined in the faith and defend her because of her status and popularity. I have some backup but very little and hardly any experience witnessing to these mixed up in the occult. A lot of mormon experience and very knowledgable and experienced everywhere else except other world religions. 17 and in high school. I've got bigger and better things to go on with like my own life and helping those who are willing to accept the truth and whatnot, but I believe this is a bigger challenge for me and that if people see this girl change that the rest of the school might see that there is something bigger going on around them. What should I do. She uses hurt "feeling" to contort the situation so that operations run smoothly around the halls of southridge. This is the most popular girl in the school so I doubt she'll go easy. I speak very bluntly and can't exactly flow without "insulting her and her religious beliefs" but I'd rather piss off the world then have this crap go on at SHS and piss off my God for allowing everything to be snubbed out by evil and oppressious spirits that bring fear and doubt into the hearts of the weak to follow after these worldly things. I believe God is inspiring me to do something about it because this is very important for winning souls for Christ. I'm not going to allow this to consume all my time i know people need it more than those unwilling but this would be a huge win.

2. Servent

Servent Member

1)Pray and trust the Holy Spirit to use the gospel message to reach her heart and mind.

2)Share your personal faith of Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Keep your testimony short.

3)Stress the uniqueness of Jesus Christ as God's revelation of Himself.

4)Stress the necessity of following Jesus to the exclusion of all other deities.

5)Keep the gospel presention Christ centered.

6)Share the assurance of salvation that God's grace gives you and your hope in the resurrection. Make sure you communicate that your assurance is derived from God's grace and not your own good works or your ability to be spiritual (1John5:13).

6)If she desires to study the bible give her a copy of the new testament and tell her to start with gospel of John.

7) Never be insulting of her belifes that will turn her off instantly.

Now for yourself read col.3:8 about being a new creation and your language.

Servent

3. mozier

mozier New Member

TFT,

If there is one thing that must not be done when witnessing on your faith to another, it is hitting them over the head with the proverbial sledgehammer.

As I have learned in my witnessing to Roman Catholics (being that I was one once, before becoming a Christian), when one comes across to them as vicious, bitter, or on the attack, the person you are witnessing to will automatically go on the defensive. Barriers will go up and the person will immediately shut you out because you are attacking them. A person's faith, even a false one, is very sacred to them and they will defend it bitterly, even to the point of trying to destroy you.

So what to do? Do what Paul did when he was in Athens. Note that when he was preaching to the Athenians, he did not launch into a barrage about how all of their temples and various deities were all false. To do so would have alienated his audience right off. Instead, he found a common ground with them by pointing out the temple to the unknown god and going from there. With this beginning, he was able to get his message across and though he didn't make converts of everyone, many did hear it and responded.

The same will go with your Hindu friend. In Hinduism, Jesus is considered a god, but a god amongst many. Apologize to this "hindu hottie" of yours and explain that in your zeal, you didn't mean to offend her. Then point out to her that you do share something in common, which is the deity of Jesus Christ. From there, you can expand your ideas on what Jesus means to you and what he has done for you. By your kind words, and more importantly by your good example, you just may win this young woman over to the faith sooner than you think!

But most importantly is to pray for her. Don't say, "I'll pray for you!" to her, for this may offend. Rather, actually pray for her, each and every day. God will touch her heart as much as he can, but in the end it will be her decision. However, her decision just may be influenced by your good example, especially when you humbled yourself enough to apologize to her earlier.

TFT, I pray that you will be all right on this matter! Here is a tract that may help you in understanding Hinduism a bit better and how your quiet witness will seriously affect her:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0070/0070_01.asp

mozier