1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Hiring a youth pastor

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And yet, you, a member, have admitted that you have the occasional sip. So is "cannot" too strong a word, or have you given up the Mike's?

Let me re-frame the question: does this youth pastor seem to have any problems with these secondary issues?

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being born and raised IFB I strongly doubt it. I was not raised IFB.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why would you confuse people by saying he would have to conform, when it's pretty obvious he already does?

This again begs the question of why you brought those points up about your church--unless you were just using the opportunity to complain about points you disagree with.
    ---------
    Contrary to what IT wants to think, I'm not really "piling"on you. I'm treating you as I treat all my students. Words have meaning; and the way they're used also have meaning. That's why so many people get on to you about "little" things like "who vs. whom" and "chic vs. Chick".

I teach computer science courses. Forgetting to place one, small semi-colon in it's correct spot can cause an entire 10,000 line program to not work.

My recommendation to you: always write to your audience. YOU will always understand what you meant. You should write with the thought of, "does my audience understand what I'm trying yo say?"