1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

His Elect !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Elect according to the Foreknowledge of God the Father !

The Father had a great interest in them, to set them apart and chose them to be the Bride of His Son Jude 1:1

1Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

Eve was preserved in Adam until it was time to call her and bring her to the man Gen 2:22

22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

That was her call ! A Call into fellowship with her Husband, as the Church is called into the fellowship with her Husband 1 Cor 1:9

9God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

They were also chosen to be His Members. In Ps 139, this concept is revealed in that Messianic Psalm where david is a Type of Christ, Christ acknowledging His God given members of His Body Ps 139:16

16Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

1 Cor 12:12

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

It is True also that the Father gave Him as Head of these His very own Elect Lk 18:7. So it was in some type of way or fashion the elect were in Union with the Father to give them to His Son, and this Union is Foreunion, and part of the Foreknowledge Peter writes of in 1 Pet 1:2, and it has nothing to do with the Fathers foreseeing sinful men making sinful decisions or choices to become His Own Elect, that is false teaching ! The prioritisation the Father had in His Elect is seen in the delight the Son received in His delight over those given to Him Prov 8:30-31

30Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

This shows also that Jesus Christ had a Mediatoral and Suretyship delight of those the Father gave to Him, which Pleased His Father and made Him also His Fathers Delight !

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Jesus says of the children of God in Pre Creation that they had been Loved in the same magnitude as the Son had been Loved before the World Began Jn 17:23-24

23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

The Father has always been Christ's Father as He was the Only begotten Mediator Son, the Man Christ Jesus 1 Tim 2:5, and their Father as in His Foreknowledge or Foreunion of them Jn 20:17

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

You see, the Elect of God, have always been the Children of the Father, and not never the Children of the devil or of the wicked one, for that's false teaching by those who are influenced by the anti christ, and its a horrible falsehood which dishonors God the Father ! Not at anytime can it be said of the Elect of God Jn 8:44

44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. The Children of God are out of a corruptible seed by nature which is Adam 1 Pet 1:23 however they are not out of the seed of the serpent as Cain was 1 Jn 3:12

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.