1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

His wonders to perform - -

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by TexasSky, Jul 8, 2005.

1. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Do you ever stop and really think about the little miracles in life that surround you? This morning we have quite a little thunderstorm going on, and it made me stop and think about how hard man tries to immitate God's "everyday" miracles, and how much we fail. (And yet, we think we can create life???)

We put on "fake lightening" shows all the time for theatrical events and Hollywood movies, but nothing compares to the light show God puts on.

We have our tiffany drums, but they can't compete with God's thunder.

I have a friend who is a scientist that worked on developing a "wind cannon" to imitate the force of tornadic winds. It can't compete with God's wind storms.

How many times do we have to fail at duplicating God's miracles before we acknowledge that God is God and we .. are not?

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What came to my mind while reading this post is this:

Even though we might not reproduce what God has done in nature, is it not miraculous that we ourselves have the ability to recognize and attempt to imitate what is around us?

3. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Stefan,

I think you're right that it is a miracle that we can recognize it, and that we have the intelligence to try to imitate it, but the older I get, and the more I see people assume that a little knowledge means they don't need God, the more I wish Eve had left that tree alone.

4. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Yes, all the time. God is awesome and so is His creation! It's neat to just go outside and watch nature. And It never ceases to amaze me of the power He has...we got a little taste of that when we went through 4 hurricanes last year. :cool:

5. terriloo

terriloo New Member

I came to be a grandmother the easy way--I married a man who had kids, who later had kids. I have known them all their little lives and believe I love them as much as I could ever have loved them if I'd gotten them the "normal way".
    But my status makes me pause OFTEN to ponder the glory and wonder that resides in the life of these children. I watch them sleep and marvel at every breath; I play with them and marvel at the wellspring of enthusiasm and energy; I teach them and marvel at the intricate workings of their God-given brains and talents/abilities. They are microcosms of all the miracles and wonders God has created throughout the ages.
    And watching them, learning and growing with them, has helped me to marvel even more at our glorious Father. As they each discover some new miracle--a mother bird sitting on her nest of eggs, a perfect spider web being spun, a magnificent rainbow after a storm--I rediscover my utter wonder at my God and Savior. He surrounds me daily, hourly, minutely with wondrous miracles everywhere. [​IMG]