1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

History Marches Forward

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Martin, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Despite the gloom and doom cries about the election of Obama let us all remember that history marches forward. The sky is not falling, the moon is not about to hit the earth, and the Lord Jesus Christ is still on His throne. Let's not be depressed or angry. Instead let us be glad that we still live in the greatest country on the face of this planet. We have been blessed beyond measure in this country and we should always thank the Lord for those blessings.

I voted for John McCain and I am disappointed that he did not win. However I really never expected him to. I knew this day would come. However I am not sad nor am I angry. I praise the Lord God Almighty that He has given me so many wonderful blessings. Not the least of which is a calm assurance that He is in control despite difficult situations. And yes, God is in control. The Word of God says:

"The LORD has established His throne in the heavens,
    And His sovereignty rules over all" -Ps 103:19

We must recall that wonderful truth. God is in control. He is even in control over who wins elections. Daniel told us:

"It is He who changes the times and epochs;
    He removes Kings and establishes kings" -Dan 2:21

God has allowed Barack Obama to become the 44th President of the United States of America. So while I did not support Obama, I respect his office, and I gladly give him the honor he deserves. Not because I agree with Obama, but because I am commanded by the Lord to do so (Rom 13:6-7). God has raised up this President for a reason we do not yet know. It maybe judgment, it maybe reaping what we have sown, or some other purpose. Whatever the purpose, whatever the reason, it is my assurance that God is still in control of all things.

Allow me to remind my fellow Republicans and conservatives what Scripture tells us. We must avoid the temptation to be mean spirited and we must avoid the temptation to launch into left-wing type attacks on Mr. Obama's character. Sadly this advice has not been followed throughout this campaign. However it is now time for those of us who follow Christ to obey His Word:

"Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed, to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men" -Titus 3:1-2

"I urge entreaties and and prayers, petiitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity" -1Tim 2:1-2

Get that? We are suppose to pray for Mr. Obama, to respect him, and to pay him the honor he deserves. We are to be peaceable, gentle, and we are not to malign anyone. We can and should loudly disagree with Obama on issues related to the life of unborn children. We should call abortion what it is, MURDER. However like the Apostle Paul we are to leave judgment in God's hands (Rom 12:17-21). We should preach the truth, we should proclaim righteousness, but we should not disobey the other side of the coin. That is to be respectful, peaceful, and loving people who pray for and support our leaders. Agree with them or not.

God Bless,
    Martin.

2. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Martin, great post. My sentiments exactly, even if I don't always live up to them.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Good post. I truly am praying for change...true change, repentance.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

5. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member