1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

History of your local Baptist church

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Salty, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    To what length does you chuch go in providing information. For example, do you have a picture (and dates of ministry) of all former pastors; do you have minutes of business available for menbers to look at; do you have a history page on your web site? Do you even think it is necessary to consider the history of your church?

2. guillermo

guillermo New Member

Do you have a suggested format for keeping the history of the church? I am a missionary starting new churches and would like to teach our people about how to keep the history of each church

3. lizzybee

lizzybee New Member

our church is 150 yrs old this year and we have lots of history--

There are photos of the pastors starting in the early 1900's--they used to be framed and in the hallway but when they repainted they didn't get hung back up.

We have a quilt that is 100yrs old made by the ladies for the 50th anniversary.

I think there is a vault somewhere but some of the things weren't stored properly and are very fragile so they're just not open for everyone to filch through.

The documents are open for people to read (I have never taken the time to do so)

Good idea to have the history on the webpage [​IMG]

Malissa

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist