1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobbies? I know you have them.

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Jodo Kast, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Ok give it up. I know you all have some hobby that keeps you going. Lets here it. ...And I want to know why you love it too ;) .

I guess I will go first....slackers [​IMG] jk jk jk. I didnt even give you a chance.

Ok my number one hobby is flying. What can I say about flying. It is absolutely one of the most fun things I have ever done. Hopefully soon I will be flying F-16s or something of that stature. Its one of the few things I can say I am good at. I'll be modest about most other things, but flying I am the best (arrogant enough for you?). Natural if you want to call it that.

my lesser hobbies include

Skateboarding: It is just fun, even though I am not super good. I can hold my own though.

Computer graphics: I'll post some of my work some time.

Computer Programming: Yeah I am a Dork, At least I don't pretend to be something I am not.

Language: I want to be multi Lingual. Spanish is all to common so I am choosing German as my first language.

Photography is interesting, but I haven't really gone to far into it yet. I did get title page of my yearbook with one of my pictures.

Music: What can I say, music is just great. I am fairly opened minded and can usually find some thing good in everything. However I have yet to find anything I like about Rap music. All other genres are a go.

Patriotism: How can I not be, look where we live.

2. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

That is so cool that you're into flying- I flew in a two-seater (I don't know what kind) and it was so exciting!! But I'm really not into flying. I love:

Reading-what can I say-I'm a high school nerd? Not really (I don't think, but maybe I am!). I luv being able to get lost in a good story and become the main characters. I read Christian romance (when I am just in a sappy mood) and Christian fiction (yes, I liked the Left Behind series, even though it isn't completely acurate). I also love a good mystery (Frank Peretti is great for the Christian mystery/almost sci fi sort of stuff with the spiritual world).

I also like music (I'm learning to play the piano) and I love singing (I'm in the choir at church).

I love drama (I have taken it for two years at school, and I am trying out for a drama that my church is doing around Christmastime. I just love acting!!

I'm also into photography- I'm taking a Black and white photo class at school and it is sooo much fun! I know how to work professional cameras, and I've developed my own pics in the dark room! I don't claim to be a good photographer cuz that takes a lot of creativity-something I'm lacking!

And I consider myself a patriot as well.

I'm not good with computers, I can't work my dvd player, I'm a klutz with no balance (so I can't skateboard), and the most I've delved into foreign languages is in school (3 years spanish, 1 year of Latin).

Becca

P.S. Sorry for being so wordy!!

3. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

i have many hobbies to and they go as follow:
    Reading- reading in High School does not make you a nerd! Ahh my pocket protector broke! I am a huge fan of reading I read a lot of stuff. I can enjoy about every genre except for the horrible pioneer stories ugh! I am also a fan off Frank Periti. Hey did you see his movie Hangmans Curse?
    It was really good pick it up some time if you can.

Drama is my thing. Acting is so much fun, being on a stage all the peopel looking at you and thrill. My first experience with acting was when I got the role of Motel Kamzoil from Fiddler on the Roof! That was my first time ever auditioning and I got a good role! I was jazzed!

I love music. I am not sure what I love more singing or playing guitar. I guess together is the best!

Sorry I am not into photography. But I am into creative food art! That is right I play with my food! You give me food on my plate I can play for hours!

I participate in my church's Bible Quiz team which is great fun. Do any of your churches do that?

I play basket ball, center position. For my schools five man team!

Also one of my favorite activities is going to camp! I love camp! This year I went to Leadership Camp what an experience!

Matt

4. JesusInFirstPlace

My church has a quiz team for the awana clubs, but I don't think we have one for teens. I didn't see any of his movies, but I think I read Hangman's Curse (I don't remember though).

I love camp too!!! I've gone to the West Branch of the Bill Rice Ranch, and I've been to the Wild's Christian Camp (in Brevard, NC). Both were absolutely amazing!!! I love being surrounded by all these Christian teenagers that just want to serve God with their lives. Not to mention it is sooooo much fun!

Becca

5. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Camp used to be the best. Maybe I will look into being a counsler. I could talk all day about camp. but I wont.

6. JesusInFirstPlace

I agree that camp is definitely the coolest. Being a counsellor would be really great (as long as you're not mean!!JK!! because I remember hearing all kinds of horror stories about mean counsellors (mine were always really cool though).

7. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

I have been a counselor. Well for, a week but it was a great experience. For one thing you find out how weak you really are. I was amazed!

Matt

8. JesusInFirstPlace

I think that would be amazing, but totally hard- like having a bunch of people look up to you for leadership, advice, and stuff like that-kind of like having a bunch of younger siblings, only harder! I'm glad that you got to have the opportunity to be a counsellor, Matt.

Becca

9. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

"Realize how weak you are?" Please, do tell.

10. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Ohh I almost forgot. i like to play Tennis.

11. JesusInFirstPlace

I used to play tennis (and raquetball (can't spell, sorry)). I forgot too-I love swimming!!! (it's a great sport for Phoenix!!!)

12. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

I wish I had a decent pool around here. I guess I could swim against the current in the river. Its great to get you in shape.

Yeah I can't spell raquetball either. But is fun to play. even by your self.

13. lindz

lindz New Member

hey, my hobbies are:

CHURCH ,my friends say i'm absolutely obbssesed and that i'm always at church. i think they are rihgt!

SWIMMING!!!!! i've been swimming off and on for 3 years, but I got really serious about it last year about his time!!

i used to play tennis, but i was WAY bad.

I like photography, but it's kinda a side thing.

i have more, but i would go on & on & on...

I LOVE CAMP TOO. i went to the Wilds of the Rockies in July 2003, it was the best. this year we went to Camp Joy in Wisconsin.

Lindsay- phil. 3:14

14. JesusInFirstPlace

I would love to go to the Wild's of the Rockies this year! I have heard so much about it from the teens at the Wild's in NC who had been to both, and it sounds great!!

Becca

15. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Have any of you all been to Camp Lutherage? Its not baptist, but its one I went to in NC. i think in arden or something like that NC.

16. JesusInFirstPlace

I haven't heard of it, sorry!

Becca

*Was it fun?*

17. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Yeah it was fun. It's in the mountains, how can you not like that. and we went white water rafting!

18. JesusInFirstPlace

I went white water rafting with my church in NC, and it was so much fun! My sister hated it though, because she fell in! She didn't like tubing down a river either, for the same reason! But I loved both!

19. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

I know, it so fun!

20. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

When I went to CoBeAc I wa thinking I would have an easy time counseling. How hard can a couple kids be right?
    I struggled a lot. I prayed for strength more in that week then ever in my whole Christian life!
    I had some... hard kids. I had a clepto and a bully it wasn't fun :( But i learned so much those two weeks. I would endorse it to anyone. It is difficult though. Expecially for people like me with no patience.

Matt
    Once I wandered in darkness in sin
    But Jesus my savior entered in
    Oh say but I am glad!