1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobbies? I know you have them.

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Jodo Kast, Sep 7, 2004.

1. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

That is true. Would be a nice vacation. Wouldn't be bad at all to live across seas for a while.

Matt

2. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

At very least I want to travel the world and visit those places! I mean some of these cities are thousands of years old! How cool is that? And they are just beautiful. I want to see them for myself.

Becca

3. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

I really want to go to the Holy Land for my senoir trip. Can you imagine the prospective you would gain? Walking where my Savoir walked! Oh, Wow!Fishing where Peter walked on water!
    But I will probablly have to wait a bit on this plan. But you never know...
    Matt

4. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Now that you put it in that perspective Matt, It does sound way fun. Isn't it a little chaotic for we Americans to be over there right now?

5. JesusInFirstPlace

Ok, since we were talking about vacations (sort of), I'll hit some of the highlights of my trip to Mexico. Well, first of all, Rocky Point is a really great beach in Mexico. I came back very sunburned (I used sunscreen, just not enough I guess!) [​IMG] (I think that's supposed to be "embarrassed," but I changed it to "my face right now," lol). But I had a blast. Just a few stories to tell you guys:

*I rode ATVs for the first time out on the dunes, and it was sooo exciting! My brother and I ended up finding a mound of sand that served as an excellent ramp, and I was scared to death the first time we accidentally hit it and went flying in the air! But it was soooo awesome!!!

*This guy that went with us took a dive because he was going WAY too fast down into a valley, and he ran into a bush and went soaring several feet into the air!! He looked like a stunt man, for real! He went to the doctor today, and we found out that he fractured his collarbone (but he'll be ok. He just has to wear a sling, and it will be sore for about a month or so).

*I rode the banana boat! (It's this giant inflateable banana. I don't know how else to describe it.) It wasn't particularily exciting, but I can say now that I rode on a giant banana, ya know?

Well, that's the highlights! All-in-all, I had a total blast, and I am looking forward to going back (I think we'll go again in the spring).

Becca

6. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

I wish I were going on a vaction!!! I am envious now. glad you had fun.

7. JesusInFirstPlace

I love going on vacation! Seriously, like it's the best ever! And I go to all kinds of exciting places. Like I went to Mt. Rushmore one year, Yellowstone Ntl. Park, on a cruise to the Victorian Islands, Niagara Falls, Redwood Forest, Rocky Point, etc etc etc. So much fun!!!

8. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

I am very jealous also. This summer I took a vacation two hours away to a dingy cabin in St. Ignace which was cool... but nothing to a banana boat ride!

Matt

9. JesusInFirstPlace

LOL. The banana boat was great! I wish I had gotten some pictures, cuz it's really one of a kind!

Becca

10. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

The pure joy of riding a banana boat! Man that sounds really *appealing*!

Matt
    "Ha I made a funny!" [​IMG]

11. JesusInFirstPlace

LOL. That was a pretty bad pun, Matt. But keep working on it, and you'll be a pro someday. (Please don't keep working on it!!!)

Becca

12. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

I am sorry it must have been a *slip* in my typing!
    Oh that was really dumb forgive me.
    This is cool we must be on at the same time!

Matt

13. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

keep it up matt! don't be yellow.

14. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

No I won't. This is getting to *fruity* for me!

Matt

15. JesusInFirstPlace

No, the only thing getting fruity here is you two. I mean seriously, how lame can you possibly get!!! JK. I think we better come up with something to talk about before I die from the Lame-Pun disease!!! Any ideas?

Becca

16. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Does anyone have horses?

17. JesusInFirstPlace

That's pretty random. Wow. No, I don't have horses, but it would be pretty cool to have them. But that would cost like major amounts of money. But it would be cool! I've never even been riding before. Have you?

18. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Yeah I've spent much time, when I was younger, riding. I lived on a farm in Indiana where we had 7 horses. It was so fun! The reason I asked is because I want to go ride again. I guess I can do it when I go up to Indy this winter.

Everyone should go riding someday!

19. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

I have never went riding before. I have been told it was awesome though.
    But, one guy told me it really hurts the...ummm... backside. (backside was said so as not to be crude)
    You ever have that experience?

Matt

20. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

well yeah there is a certain amount of conditioning required to endure long periods of it.

For long duration riding: As my grandpa put it: "Have a truck drag your bare backside down a gravel road; then you will know how it feels to ride a horse all weekend(being crude)"

but to ride around for a day is no big deal. It is fun, it might stretch you out a little. If you all ever get the cahnce to go riding, please do it. falling off does not hurt. Don't be worried. horses smell good too.