1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobby Lobby

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SolaSaint, Dec 28, 2012.

1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

http://www.newser.com/article/da3ee...rance-requirement-while-lawsuits-pending.html

We always want to boycott a business when they support unbiblical practices. We all rallied aroung Chic-Fil-A when they took a stand for biblical values, I say we need to now show our support for Hobby Lobby.

I cannot imagine we now live in a country where the Govt will fine your company for not providing abortion inducing drugs to their employees or face a 1.3 million dollar fine per day. Are we in the USSR?

Go Hobby Lobby:applause::applause::applause:

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. SolaSaint

Why didn't I think of that??? Thanks Salty.....:thumbs:

4. SolaSaint

I think I will talk my wife into going there tonight to gather up some discounted Christmas decorations for next year. wooo hoooo:tongue3:

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. SolaSaint

7. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is one of the ridiculous aspects of the current administration's unmitigated tactics to coerce conformity to their agenda. Though I believe we as a free people, and as the most prosperous country, should provide some basic healthcare for all citizens in our country, the mandates attached to the ACA are, in my opinion, both unconstitutional and against the basic ideas of union.

When one considers the exemptions provided by the administration, how they have been portioned out, and who has received them there is a clear shakedown going on. Support the President and get an exemption. This isn't how our country should be led and I've been terribly vexed by these events.

I support Hobby Lobby on this one. It should be interesting to see how this plays out with Mormon, Muslim, and other conservative religious businesses.

8. SolaSaint

PiJ,

I respect Hobby Lobby, but I'm not sure how many will cower to the new mandate that we never hear about.

9. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to give credit to the Green family (owners of Hobby Lobby). They are sticking to their beliefs, even with the risk of significant cost. We need more business leaders like the Greens.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe we should draft Mr. Geen for President in 2016

11. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Those were not waivers from participation in Obamacare but from some sort of cap- from the story:

“All told, 1,231 companies applied for and received waivers from the law’s restrictions on annual benefit caps,” Baker writes. “The law requires plans to gradually raise their benefit limits, and all annual limits will become illegal in 2014. Companies that received waivers can keep their caps intact until 2014.”

When added together, the healthcare waivers excuse about 4 million people, or about 3 percent of the population, from having to participate, HHS said.

However, what’s slightly unsettling is the fact that the majority of the waivers were handed out to labor unions.

12. SolaSaint

The way I read it is that Hobby Lobby is just asking for the morning after pill portion of the mandate to be removed since they are a Christian company. No different from any other company asking for portions of the health care law to be nonbinding or removed. I may be wrong but I believe this administration dislikes Christianity.

13. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

The last statement in the article, is one that should give pause to everyone who believes that religious freedom is guaranteed by the Constitution.

Therefore, the owners of a company, have no religious freedom.

"have been granted" -- Our founding fathers guaranteed religious freedom in the Bill of Rights. Now it's being doled out only to those the government deems to be worthy of same.

Once the goverment becomes successful in removing non-profit status from churches, will they suffer the same fate as Hobby Lobby? What has been "granted" can be easily taken away. If I grant (give) you the privilage of using my workship on Saturday mornings I can take away that privilage any time I choose.

Father to Son: "If you don't do what I say do, you will not get the keys to the car tonight. Driving the family car is a privilage that you earn. It is not a right, just because you have a license to drive one."

Think about it folks.

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A friend of mine gave me this info about Hobby Lobby

If you sign up for emails, they send you a 40% off coupon every Saturday night for the coming week. If there is no store in your area, many weeks are 'free shipping' when you shop online.

quick link