1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HOF: Jeff Kent?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TomVols, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Ok, let's not get carried away here. He is a .290 lifetime hitter with a .500 career SLG, all done in a hitters era. Oh yes, and he also hit behind one of the career leaders in OBP, thus inflating his RBI numbers.

Kent was a pretty good hitter and a below average defender. Borderline Hall of Famer.

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Yeah, great was probably too strong of a word. No problem saying he was pretty good, but maybe not great.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Some good points.

I'd like to do some comparisons with him vs other middle infielders, for instance, but typically these types of comparisons (thanks to Bill James) are done by position, by era. If you use that criteria, he squeaks in (IMHO). Broaden it out? I dunno. Fundamentally I'd like to vote no. But the numbers are what they are.

I'll ask the dreaded question: if he had played in a bigger market team on the east coast, or a more successful team, would his stature be magnified?