1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Holidays

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by g'day mate, Oct 18, 2002.

1. g'day mate

g'day mate New Member

Would you consider it to be ok for THE Pastor to take holidays at Easter (Friday and Sunday) or Christmas. Yes he does have children.there is a second pastor, but he is still learning.
    John

2. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I took the pastorate at the church I am now serving, I told the men that I would be taking the week between Christmas and New Year every year as a family vacation. In addition, I would take one other week at some other point in the year.

Pastor's need to get away now and then. They need their family time as well. I would encourage churches to send their Pastor to preaching conferences, mission trips, retreats, etc... and also give him a vacation each year.

When the Pastor comes back refreshed, it is a benefit to the church.

3. BradGa777

BradGa777 Guest

I am gone at least two Sunday's a year on vacation, sometimes I try to leave Sunday nights to avoid missing Sunday morning service. But if I am gone there is adequate supply to fill the pulpit. A pastor need time with his family, when that time comes is entirely up to him I suppose. God bless