1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hollywood Foreign Press Association

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Enoch, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

If a movie is recognized by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association with a Golden Globe is this a reflection of the desires of our world in what we seek for entertainment? I think not.

I have noticed a strong trend happening with the nomination of such movies as “Brokeback Mountain” and “Million Dollar Baby” with a clear political agenda.

The question for me is regarding the members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association who are using their position to push an agenda. Films such as the ones I mentioned above will be viewed because of acknowledgement by the Golden Globe awards. It must be a wonderful film if it received such an award right? WRONG. Here is the link to their webpage. I am confident that a little digging into the members would unearth some interesting facts.

You can apply for membership. [​IMG]

HFPA

2. mioque

mioque New Member

The Hollywood Foreign Press Association aren't a society of distinguished foreign film journalists, they are a bunch of foreign moviestar fans who can get their reviews published somewhere abroad. Usually in unimportant magazines.
    They recruit new members purely to replace members that have finally keeled over from old age.
    On their side it's a scam to rub shoulders with their idols.
    The other side knows this but plays along, because gaining globes is a stepping stone on the way of getting oscars and those bring in money and recognition.