1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Holy Anger burns....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Mar 19, 2016.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Plain and Simple will probably duck out and not respond. Oh brother I was referring to Presbyterian USA churches and not all Presbyterians. There are plenty of good Reformed Presbyertians that affirm sound doctrine.

2. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I am not talking about secondary issues debates over methods of Baptism but over churches that do not teach sound doctrine and believe me there are many PC USA churches that do not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What letter are you referring to? The one where I quoted Edward Donnelly?

4. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Evan-6589..., I fully understand and really do appreciate your efforts in this matter but let me provide the following. First, you can tell people but you can't tell 'em much. Second, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Personally, if I were to be in receipt of correspondence such as you send out..., I'd be "offended" beyond belief. Why? Because I'd take the position of wondering just who in the world do you think you are to tell me anything? My "agenda" at the moment is all about "me" and there's is absolutely no room for you or your belief's as to what I am doing in my ministry. You're upsetting my apple cart and my income and into the circular file you'd go. ...you could in effect be placing your life in danger should you challenge the wrong cult leader.

What you are communicating to them is perhaps right on target and your Holy Anger is justified..., but you're throwing gasoline on the fire! Instead of "telling" them..., why not "ask them" why they believe as they do. For sure, you're not going to change them as only the Holy Spirit can do that.

I have been referred to many times over the years as a "religious freak" and guilty of trying to "convert them" to my religion. My response is that no, all I'm required to do is tell them about Jesus. The choice is up to them. On occasion I've even received a few hand gestures but I consider that as me being referred to as Number 1. Ho,ho.

You might consider your effort as a "ministry" of sorts. I hear people all the time speaking about their ministry. "My ministry is..., I began my ministry back when..., I enjoy my ministry...,etc." In truth, we "ain't got no" ministries. We "ain't got nuttin'" short of what the Lord gives us. George Beverly Shay was "blessed" with a wonderful singing voice. The Lord gave it to him..., he had nothing.

Your Holy Anger is justified but you're spinning your wheels and one needs to be wise enough to "pick their fights".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What letter are you referring to? I do ask them what they believe in some of my letters. Please be specific because I send out lots of letters. Yes in some of them I do not expect dialogue unless they are repentant and come to faith, but in others I simply ask questions and look for a conversation. Unfortunately most do not respond even if I just ask questions.

But to say I could be threatened is I think over the top. I have sent out perhaps 100 letters and have not received a single threat. However I do not write letters to Muslim places of worship (except 1 letter) so I am not going to put myself in danger intentionally. Most of my letters are aimed at the Progressive churches over the cults since they have a much larger presence here in Denver.

#25 evangelist6589, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  6. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "What letter are you referring to?"

Letter, post card; e-mail; phoncon; smoke signals..., however it is that you communicate with these folks. Just "delete" the word (letter) out of your memory bank and move on.

As for any threats being "over-the-top" ask Charles Mansion for some insights into this matter. Some of the folks in these cults are very determined to maintain at all costs.

Considering that it appears I have annoyed you I'll just butt out of the conversation.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really just asking for details. You made a comment but perhaps did not read my previous posts. I do ask them questions.

What type of cult was Mansion in?

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry for hurting your pride Hamel if I did. Anyways I won't take everything you say as gospel truth.

You need to state specifics. Thanks.

#28 evangelist6589, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    His own. ("The Family").

10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see thanks.

11. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hurt my pride? Don't flatter yourself. At my age I've long since distanced myself from trying to impress others for pride-ly reasons. I just say what's on my heart and the hearer can take it or leave it..., I say what's within reason I suppose.

...well, I just gave my six year old (Great Grand Daughter) a popsicle. I take pride in doing that. When she asks and I say yes a big smile comes over her face and that speaks volumes to me so yeah, I guess I do have some pride tucked away. But when it comes to the adult youngsters it doesn't bother me one iota.

You know, pride is a lot like cholesterol. We all have good cholesterol and bad cholesterol. Accordingly we need to keep both within respectable limits or another part of us will stop working properly. So I figure the pride I have in my (great grand daughter) is respectable and well within the intended limits.

In the mean time..., go get em' tiger.

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would you think you hurt his pride?

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because he backed out when I asked for specifics on his claim that I should ask the false teachers questions. I asked what letter because I do ask the false teachers questions when I write them.

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's possible he overlooked the ones you posted on the first page of this thread. Even if he didn't, I don't know that you wounded his pride. Maybe simply asking him which of the posts he was referring to would be more positive.

I took his first response to you as being suggestive, not critical. Perhaps that's why he's chosen not to turn it into a conflict?

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look at post #25