1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Holy Week

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Nicholas25, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Ladies and gentleman. I'm a member at a conservative Free Will Baptist Church. However, as a Christian I enjoy attending ALMOST all churches because I love all Christians. Last week our local United Methodist Church had a mid-day service everyday. During the 5 days 3 Baptist preachers spoke and the Methodist pastor and the local First Christian Church pastor. I enjoyed every service and really look forward to attending these services next year. The thing is I know several people at my FWB Church and several Baptist's who would not attend these services because they are ecumenical which means it's kind of a all denominations get together kind of thing and a lot of Christians don't agree with this. My thing is this, why is it wrong to attend these services. Why can't Christians agree to disagree on most issues? Of course I understand some issues can't be overlooked. Can't a Christian with Biblical knowledge attend a service and just overlook the things that are not of there own personal belief system? Why do we as Christians have to close ourselves in with our own denomination. Again, I love all Christians. Thank you.

2. KellyWhite

KellyWhite New Member

By no means were you wrong.

Holy Week is the great time of the year in Christianity. If you find a more fulfilling celebration of the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ outside of your church/religion, then go where you find it.

3. SpyHunter

SpyHunter New Member

Nicholas, do not let anyone condemn you for thinking like that! I think those who would disagree with Christian ecumenism need an abrasive wake-up call.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit--just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call--
    5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
    6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What the other two said.