1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HolyWeek: evidence against the Creation myth

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by billwald, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billwald

billwald New Member

Myth - a story or tradition of beginnings. God apparently gave Moses a worship system that required a lunar calendar. If God knew that he was going to do this then why did he not give us a lunar year that was the same length as the solar year? Then there would be no problem of how many sabbath days there were in the first holy week. Any intelligent designer would have given us a 48 week year.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

This Forum seems to be going to pot, literally! On a thread discussing Calvinism [ Baptist Theology & Bible Study, Calvinistic Application Part 2] me4him allowed that man's will trumps God's will therefore denying the existence of God. Now billwald denies the intelligence of God, therefore, denying the existence of God. Both these statements are heretical!

#2 OldRegular, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
  3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

On this we agree OldRegular. I thought I was on a board where I could talk, debate, and fellowship with believers. I've seen a few recently that only want to question and mock God and His Word.

4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't it good to know there are men so much smarter than God, so much so they can criticize God for His creation and give Him pointers on how to make it better.

Thank you, billwald. I'm sure God will take your comments under consideration as He prepares for the judgement and the creation of the new heavens and the new earth.

peace to you:praying:

5. Gup20

Gup20 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Billwald -

There is no astronomical reason for a "week".

For example, a day is one revolution of the earth on it's axis. A month is one revolution of the moon in it's orbit (approximately). A year is one revolution of the earth in it's orbit.

But a week has no astronomical purpose or reason. It's origin relates solely back to the "creation week". This is also true of the "Sabbath day". There is no astronomical reason.

Exd 20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

#5 Gup20, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
  6. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Heretical?! I'd say it is raw blaspheme.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

So, Billwald, not only do you contend that God did not create the earth, but that He's a stupid "designer?"

Your heretical trash ought to get you booted yesterday. Consider your garbage reported.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

Denying scripture,calling it a myth, calling God stupid is nothing short of evil. Why is garbage like this allowed on the baptitst board, isn't this a christian board?

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

Agreed...not only did he deny Scripture...but billwald, in all his genius, said that, "any intelligent designer would have...."

I can't think of a more monumentally stupid thing to do than place one's esteem of one's self over that of God Almighty. What a blasphemous thing to do.

But...I'm sure he'll keep doing it. It's obvious that Scripture means little to him...and apparently neither does reverence for the Lord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.