1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Home churches

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Sminasian, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Pastors are sinners' as everyone else. I corrected my statement on my last post to EWF and apologize again. In my own experience I had one pastor after many years started preaching apostasy. Another (who I considered a great man of God) ran off with the church secretary. Another tried to rape my daughter. Those are a few of my experiences. I know all are not like that but I have seen the devil have his victory over men of God . We are all vulnerable I know.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Wow - that's sad. I'm sorry you've experienced that but I have to say that I've not seen that at all. My husband is a Baptist pastor in a church with up to 11 pastors at one point and every one of them is still walking strong with the Lord.

3. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Yes, but I am not bitter towards the church. God has taught me not to be so quick to trust men. We are all so vulnerable to the wiles of the devil.

4. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Duggars can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they left CrossChurch because they are significantly more fundamentalist than their "home church" turned out to be. Remember, they still adhere to old style Baptist hymns, etc.

They did indeed home church for a time, but I don't think it was ever just their family.

And last year when we were in their area we were told they and the other families had moved into a church building. In short, it was a church plant that started in their home.

Last I looked online you can look up where the church is and visit if you've a mind to do so.

Much like my "home church." It was one family offering a SS in their living room until there were enough people to start offering "church services" with a "brief devotional" brought by laymen until it could be a church, then acquire a building, then hire supply preachers when they could, and finally call a preacher.

Who says it takes a church planter to plant a church :)

5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While the Duggars were relocated in Little Rock, they attended a large Nazarene church for six months.

6. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yep--believe it was Friendly Chapel CotN.

Did see one episode where they were in a contemporary service. Josh seemed to like it, but the rest looked like they had landed on Mars.

I think maybe the Pentecostal style worship was too close to dancing :)

7. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's horrible.
    I'm really sorry about that incident with your daughter, man.
    I hope it didn't scar her. :tear::mad:

Back in my days with the Bible Baptist churches, I heard of a sunday school teacher who ran off with her pastor. both were married. they went off to a far northern province where they knew nobody and nobody knew them.
    they started a ministry again, and it began to grow, and they probably thought God was blessing them "despite".
    well, one day they were going on a visitation, using a vehicle they borrowed from one of their members.
    on their way back home, the jeep suddenly lost control and plunged down a totally vertical 80-feet ravine.
    both died.
    sad, but, like the Bible says "whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap".