1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Home Fellowship?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by seekingthetruth, Mar 3, 2012.

1. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

No....the mission that our church started has a substance abuse program....

But, EWF, good point, why do Baptists ignore the problem?

I have lived everywhere between preaching and a life of tee total crime. I know first hand that a Christian is capable of any sin on Earth.

But somehow we ignore it.

I have to say though, that our church is one of the most forgiving and supportive that I have ever seen. We have sex offenders, robbers, one murderer (actually the leagal term was manslaughter), and all sorts of other social rejects.

But thank God that He dosent reject us.

Hey? I was preaching at the mission chapel service last summer, and one guy in the front row, scrunched up his face, his voice changed to something sinister, and he said "WE DON'T BELIEVE THAT"

EWF, I wanted to run. I am a big guy, and I am not usually afraid, but this guy had something in him that wasnt normal.

I felt bad because i wanted to help him, but somehow I felt he didnt want help.

John

2. seekingthetruth

The part that scared me was the "We".....who is "WE"?

I dont want to know!!!!!

John

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John....what didnt he believe specifically & was he claiming to be Christian?

4. seekingthetruth

I was teaching the Gospel, always the gospel.

No, he didnt claim to be a Christian.

I am telling you, this guy was scary.

John

5. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    seekingthetruth, it does seem reasonable that Satan knows the Bible better than we do. I mean, he does have an inside track as he has been since the beginning.

Perhaps how you were delivering on your topic that night was a bit contrary to the original intent. As a result, "...we don't believe that". Acts 19:15 comes to mind.

I knew a Christian woman (RN) who had worked on a mental ward for a few years. She told of some odd and eerie things.

6. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

I fellowshipped at a house church several years ago. for a couple of years. I believe we had about 10-12 people involved

It was one of the best and healthiest church experienses I have ever had.

Great teaching. Great fellowship I grew a lot.