1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homecoming Results

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by pocadots1990, Oct 15, 2007.

1. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

Thanks to everyone for their advice for our Homecoming this year. We had it yesterday and God truly blessed. We have two former pastors to come and they took up the whole Sunday School hour. We usually average about 12 for SS and 25 for Morning Worship. Yesterday, we had 22 for SS and 51 for MW. There were people there from the community that haven't been in church for a really long time. I preached a Homecoming message from John 14:1-6.

After the service, there was a young man there (about 28) and we talked for a while in my office while everyone was eating. He got saved in my office yesterday and just broke down in tears saying "God forgive me."

No matter what else went on, this was worth all the time of mailing out invitations, cleaning the church, and preparing for the events of the day. After dinner, we had a song and praise service, a time for everyone to share their testimonies.

God is so good and I just had to share that with everyone.

:godisgood:

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the follow up! Bet you felt fed without even eating! God is indeed good!

3. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

You got that right. I still ate though.

I guess next week, I need to preach a message on gluttony. Forget that idea, I will be guilty as can be for that.:laugh: