1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homeland Security Hassles Owner of Truck with Bumperstickers

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by KenH, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Sounds like a free speech issue to me. HoG, were all t-shirts forbidden, all t-shirts with slogans or just dissenting ones? Or do you know?

Squelching isn't new at all, but it seems more pervasive now. That could be selective reporting/reading or it could be real. I'm hoping it's just my wrong impression.

2. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

There were others getting in with t-shirts.

3. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

You guys can't be so dumb as to believe that freedom of speach means you get to say anything you want anytime you want and anywhere you want. There are places you cannot go to make a political statement, your rights are not being violated and your voice is not being squelched because you don't have free run of the country.

4. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

HoG,

Did you honestly believe you would get into the WH wearing that shirt?

5. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Comes down to the same thing. "There's no law against it, but we have to power, so you can't do it."

That's not a new thing. Abuse of power has been with us from the beginning. But we need to stomp on it hard whenever it happens.

Because it never gets better. It always gets worse until someone cuts it back.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I'm thinking that would depend on the verse chosen for display.

Just as a bumper sticker (or sign) depends on what it says. "Vets for Peace" is not so bad -- "I'm gonna blow up something if we don't exit the war" is a different matter.