1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homosexual Discrimination Bill Will Stifle Free Speech

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Here we have yet another attempted step towards the homosexual's goal of making their sinful conduct acceptable and protected from any critical comment.

Gay Discrimination Bill Will Stifle Free Speech, Advance 'Homosexual Agenda,' Critics Say

Government should do its duty to restrain this sinful conduct - not protect sinful conduct from open criticism even if it offends the sinner! They have no business keeping children or adults from speaking out against homosexuality in any environment.

This is shameful but what do Americans expect when they elect an openly homosexual person to Congress and what do you expect in a government school?

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ridiculous.

A bucket of worms waiting to be opened. Ripe for abuse.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If we got the federal government out of education - where it doesn't belong - then this bill would not even exist.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Your hero Obama wants just the opposite

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==We just need to accept this as the new norm. Eventually they will get their way. However we, like Daniel, must continue to speak the truth regardless of the results. As Charles Stanley has said, obey God and leave all the consequences to Him.

==I expect schools to educate...not push a liberal or conservative social agenda.

6. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

We should never accept this as the norm. They will not get their way unless we let them.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

we should never ever accept sinful lifel styles as normal

8. billwald

billwald New Member

Couple hundred years ago most civilized people thought that miscegenation was sinful behavior. Some people still do.

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

So, billwald, you have no moral problem with homosexuality?

Hmm. Considering your view of Scripture, that figures.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

he appears to have no problem with anything thats antibiblical.

11. billwald

billwald New Member

Most human activity generates moral problems of which homosexual activity is one. I personally conclude that a homosexual proclivity is a mostly an inherited tendency similar to alcoholism and nicotine addiction. For that matter, stupidity also partly inherited and generates moral problems but I don't think there should be legislation against being stupid.

The Bible stipulates that smart mouthed kids should be executed but I don't recommend it. Bible also teaches that if a woman claims to have been raped inside of city limits that both parties should be killed. So yes, I disagree with several of God's commandments if taken at face value.

12. targus

targus New Member

Is the Scriptural admonishment against homosexual behavior one of those things that you disagree with?

13. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I did not say we should "accept sinful lifestyles as normal". I said we should expect them to continue to seek to protect their lifestyle from any critical comment.

==The only thing that will stop them is the return of Christ. The Bible is clear about the last days (2Tim 3:1-5, 12-13). We can vote for or against who we wish but that will do nothing to change the condition of lost people and the progression of depravity among them (Rom 1:18-32, Eph 6:12, etc). The only thing that will change them and stop their progression is the Gospel (not legislation).

14. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Who are you to disagree with anything God has said (literal or not)?

==Context would help you understand that those commandments were for the nation of Israel and are not given to the church. Of course, if you are the one who decides when and where you will take God's Word at "face value" I suppose context (historical and textual) is not that important.

==While I tend to agree with that, that fact does not in anyway change the warnings Scripture directs towards those who engage in homosexual or drunken behavior. Simply because lost people are slaves to sin and the flesh, and are therefore trapped in their sin, does not excuse them in the least.

#14 Martin, Feb 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2010
  15. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

You've proven at least one part of your post correct anyway....

16. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I can agree regarding the "last days" but I must caution that we don't know that we're in the "last days". All we know is that we're closer than we were yesterday. There have been many low points in history at which people felt this way. Therefore, we must live on the one hand as if today is our own last day but as if the world will continue for generations to come. For this reason we do need to aggressively work for justice among men.

17. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For those interested here is the actual text of the bill.

Basically the bill looks to stop exclusion from public school programs and harassment in public schools based on sexual orientation. It seems like a reasonable thing to expect.

I would hope Christian clubs in school would have no problems avoiding harassing people of different sexual orientation and would be welcoming if they wanted to join and learn more about Christianity. Christian clubs should be welcoming of sinners of all kinds of sin and be able to communicate our position on what we believe is sinful without harassing people.

My question about this bill is the necessity of the harassment portion of the bill. Don't harassment laws in general protect anyone regardless of whether the harassment is about sexual orientation and whether it takes place in a school or not? I think that portion of the bill is unnecessary. The discrimination portion of the bill is necessary because sexual orientation is not covered under US federal discrimination law.

There is nothing in the bill regarding teaching about homosexual lifestyles in classes. There is also nothing about speech regarding sexual orientation.

#17 Gold Dragon, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2010
  18. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

There was no execution of "smart mouthed kids." This had to do with older children who were in serious rebellion, which probably also meant rebellion against God. And this was how God governed Israel; we are not told to do this today.

19. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Sin is "inherited" from Adam but it's by our own choice that we do it and we are without excuse for it. It's an attempt at rationalization when we try to make up excuses. That's what homosexuals want. First they want us to believe it cannot be helped and then that it is, therefore, okay and then that it is normal. Let's not fall for it! It's Satan at work with this deception.

Fortunately the rules for punishment by man of other men have been relaxed a bit but God's punishment for sin is still death. It's clear from the scripture how seriously He takes sins such as rebellion against authority and sexual sins such as adultery, incest, and homosexuality. We ought to take them just as seriously today even though we don't exact the punishment on one another once prescribed for us.

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe the Bible to be the word of God and do you believe that it was necessary that Christ die for your sins and that he physically rose on the third day?