1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homosexuality Is Not A Sin

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Martin, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you know that homosexuality is not a sin?

Well according to Episcopal Church Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori homosexuality is not a sin. In a recent interview she said:

"I believe that God creates us with different gifts. Each one of us comes into this world with a different collection of things that challenge us and things that give us joy and allow us to bless the world around us," she said.

"Some people come into this world with affections ordered toward other people of the same gender and some people come into this world with affections directed at people of the other gender."

I am glad Schori has set the world straight on this subject. I mean after all, for thousands of years the people of God have got it so wrong. Moses and Paul, among others, were calling it a sin when it was not. I am so glad Schori has finally set the record straight.

How silly!

The Bible warns against people like Schori...

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the Kingdom of God" 1Cor 6:9-10

If Schori believes that homosexuals can live in their sin and still enter heaven she is certainly deceived (as are all who hold that position). The Bible is certainly clear that homosexuality is a sin and those who practice it will not inherit the Kingdom of God. What does that mean? It means they will not hear Jesus say to them...

"Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world" (Matt 25:34)

Rather they will hear Jesus say...

"Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matt 25:41).

How do I know Jesus will say that to those who practice homosexuality? Because Scripture says that those who are homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom of God. If they will not inherit the Kingdom then there is only one other place for them to go, hell (Rev 21:7-8).

Schori is deceived and those who believe like her are deceived as well. Scripture makes that very clear.

What causes people to be so deceived? The Bible says it is because of empty words...

"Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience" Eph 5:6

Schori has listened to, and been deceived by, empty words. Worse yet she is now spreading such deception herself.

The US Episcopal Church is making a tragic mistake if they elect this false teacher to be their new bishop. Gladly her election will cause a split in the US Episcopal Church...

"Jefferts Schori's election seemed certain to exacerbate splits within a Episcopal Church that is already deeply divided over homosexuality with several dioceses and parishes threatening to break away. It could also widen divisions with other Anglican communities, including the Church of England, which do not allow women bishops."

This woman, bishop or not, needs to repent and turn to Christ as her Lord and Savior.

Article link
    http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-06-19T193318Z_01_N19347151_RTRUKOC_0_US-RELIGION-EPISCOPALS-BISHOP.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You can find anything on the internet, tv and in so called churches in this world.

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isa 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

4. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Its probably a chemical imbalance.

5. North Carolina Tentmaker

It is society's vault. These are only inoccent victoms.

6. standingfirminChrist

It is amazing that one who professes to be a christian and believes they can continue in the homosexual lifestyle is automatically named as not being saved, yet one who does not get rid of an adulterous relationship with the opposite sex, yet walks piously before others or is a thief all along or harbors some other sin in their life or murders someone else or theirself, is still seen as a christian and just was going through a trial they could not handle and we'd better not question their salvation.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It seems to me SFIC, you are saying that one sin is different than others in the eyes of God. I dont recall anyone saying that someone was saved who was in an adulterous relationship and showed no remorse. Neither do I recall anyone saying someone was saved in all the other sins you listed with an unrepentant heart.

Sin is sin to God, the sin may be considered my man as worse or better, but not to God. The fact is that someone saved by grace is saved, has broken the power of sin, but does not mean they are perfect. We just went through this with the suicide thing.

The bottom line is that you have no idea who is saved and not except yourself.

8. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Doesn't really matter what she says. As long as God says it's a sin, it's a sin.

Just as in chess, my King trumps their bishop.

9. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ?

==Not sure I know anyone who believes such a thing. 1Corinthians 6:9-10 which I quoted in my post says that fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, effeminate, homosexuals, thieves, covetous, drunkards, revilers, and swindlers will not inherit the Kingdom of God (ie...they are not saved.). So I am not sure I understand your point.

10. standingfirminChrist

Martin,

Paul continues that list in Galatians 5 with the works of the flesh. Of the which he includes murderers and says they will not inherit the kingdom of God. Yet many think one can murder oneself and still enter the kingdom.

And many will also defend others who seem to only be snared with one sin and not ever repent of that sin, to be Christians, yet weak.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Which brings another thought to mind. Why are we talking about the doctrine of another denomination on a Baptist section of this board. If we are going to compare theology, lets at least compare denominations within the realm of Baptist beliefs ie (Presbyterian etc)

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 7:15-20 15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

13. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

How is Presbyterian in the "realm of Baptist beliefs?" Can you give us a list of the denominations we can discuss here?

14. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

No one should be surprised at this news. If the Episcopal Church USA can ordain a homosexual bishop, why is it surprising that they ordain a woman bishop who has no problem with homosexual behavior? She voted for the homosexual bishop, btw.

Also, this woman is the first woman bishop of the Episcopal Church USA. I read this story today in the Washington Post and was surprised to read that the Church of England forbids woman bishops.

15. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

I think he's carrying over from another thread....is suicide a sin? He can't get all his words in there....

Is it time to phone a friend?

Homosexuality is denounced in the bible as a sin. It's there in black and white. I'm wondering if part of her bible got torn out.......

16. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

Since it falls under news I'm guessing we can discuss it here. Correct me if I am incorrect.
    :thumbs:

17. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

It all goes back to authority:

"It's wrong."

"Oh yeah? Sez who?"

The Whiskeypalian leadership, at best, believe that God reveals his/her/their/its will through the collective conscience of humanity. Take a vote and find out how the majority feeeeels about it this year, and that's divine guidance.

We must be absolutely vigilant against attacks against the inerrancy of Scripture. As Machen said, Christianity is founded upon the Bible; liberalism is founded upon the shifting emotions of sinful men.

18. standingfirminChrist

Ahhh, so Rev Mitchell,

You shall know them by their fruit. Great and wonderful verse. Amen! I believe it. That would also shed some light on the suicidal. After all, is not suicide a fruit of the devil? or adultery? or stealing? or lying? etc...?

19. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Since this thread is already derailed, let me ask one question to SFIC. What if a person hits their hand with a hammer and uses God's name in vain, then before he can repent, he dies of a heart attack or stroke? Since that person did not ask forgiveness, does that mean that they go to hell?

20. standingfirminChrist

Terry,

Ya know, I believe that the true child of God will be put in check before taking the Lord's name in vain.

I will give you two instances of seeing someone in great pain from accident, yet not swearing.

Myself first. And you can call my former pastor if you wish to confirm it. We were putting up fences on the farm we lived on in Ramseur NC. He swung a 4 pound maul and missed the stake I was holding (he would not allow me to swing the hammer since I could not see the pole), He missed the pole and struck my kneecap. The first words out of my mouth were, 'Praise the Lord'.

The other instance, my aunt in Va. had a car door slammed on her fingers. the door jammed with 4 fingers sticking out from the inside to the outside. Her grandson had to get in drivers side and kick past her lap to the door to get it to open. She never once cursed. The Holy Spirit is able to keep the child of God from taking His name in vain.