1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homosexuals as Friends

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by BobTheBeliever, Dec 8, 2003.

1. ArcticBound

ArcticBound New Member

The Bible says, "Come out from among them and be ye separate saith the LORD." Has anyone ever read this verse in the Bible?

If you are a Child of God, then you should not have Homosexual friends; A Christian shouldn't be friends with this World. We can be friendly to the Sinner, but we don't become that close to be good friends.(Adultery, Drunkards, etc.)
    To be a friend of the world is to be the enemy of God.

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

You make sense. [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

3. Walls

Walls New Member

4. Walls

Walls New Member

Absolutly!

5. Brett

Brett New Member

Everyone is a sinner. If we don't become friends with sinners, then we won't have any friends at all.

Also remember that no sin has been committed if a person merely struggles with homosexual feelings; it is only when sexual immorality is manifested, both by homosexuals and heterosexuals, that sin enters the picture.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Most married persons engage in sodomy in the marriage bed. It's perfectly acceptible, normal, and apropriate for a Christian husband and wife to engage in. Most people who engage in sodomy are married individuals, and it's nearly always with their spouses.

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Amen to that!!! Moreso, if people didn't want to be frinds with us because we're sinners, then we'd have no friends either.

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

A Christian should be a friend to "every creature" and "all nations". (Mark 16:15-16 and Matthew 28:18-20).

9. ArcticBound

ArcticBound New Member

NOT SO! Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
    What is in our HEARTS will COME OUT SOONER OR LATER. DON'T LET IT GET THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE! Pro 23:7 "For as he thinketh in his heart, so [is] he."

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I don't think "struggling" with homosexual feelings is the same as committing adultery in your heart. Most heterosexual men are attracted to women, and can find a female attractive. This is not the same as committing adultery in your heart. Neither is being a man and simply finding a man attractive.

What IS clear biblically is that if you look at another person lustfully (be they the same gender, or opposite gender), you're committing adultery in your heart. And, what is also biblically clear is that if you engage in sexual contact with someone outside of marriage, you're guilty of fornication, which is an abomination, regardless of the gender of the persons involved.

I'm not trying to imply that homosexuality (when defining sexual contact) is not a sin. I believe it is. But we are often guilty of focusing on male/male fornication, while letting male/female fornication off the hook with a simple slap of the wrist.

11. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

John's given you some good Biblical advice. Ask yourself, what are the two greatest commandments? Then follow them.

12. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Articbound, you are right. These kids, if they are kids on here obviously have had no Spiritual training at home. God's Word is crystal clear on the sin of sodomy. What God has destroyed, Gen.19, and given up, Rom.1 we had better stay clear of. Notice they give no Scripture to condone their "friendship" with homosexuals. They have no idea of what these queer people do to each other. It seems to be the cool thing today for young men to try to be feminine. I bet I could describe the fellows on here to you to a "T". I bet they have no problem with wearing a necklace and earings. I would like to have them for a month with my boys to make men out of them.

13. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

For some reason I picture "The Lumberjack" song sketch from Monty Python. :D

14. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

Ugh, so much ignorance. :(

No, most of the posters so far haven't been kids. I am 19, and probably the youngest to post in this thread. Obviously have no spiritual training? Or obviously don't have the self-righteous hatred that has become the hallmark of "fundamental Christians."

How many times has anyone said homosexuality isn't a sin? Go ahead, quote one time. How many times has anyone condoned homosexuality? Answer: 0

So is the homosexual you neighbor?
    Self-explanatory, I hope.
    Oops, how'd that verse get in there?

Who do you think you're talking to? Welcome to the year 2003, students today are quite well aware of what being gay means.

:rolleyes: It's been a long time since you've hung around a high school, hasn't it?

First of all, show me one place in the Bible where necklaces or earrings are for women only(I wear a silver chain with a triquetra on it, that symbol on your KJV bible). Second, if your boys decide to go to college, they are welcome to come to Cedarville where they truly can learn to be men. [​IMG]

15. Xingyi Warrior

Xingyi Warrior New Member

Right you are. In the same token, contrary to popular belief, neither were they destroyed for simply "dissing" tourists as most theocratic, PC revisionists would have you believe. Actually Sodom and Gommorrah were destroyed for a multitude of sinful behaviors and homosexuality, although a sin, was more/less an indicator of the level of depravity to which that particular society had sank in sanctioning lifestyles and behaviors that were rebellious in the face of God. Not so different from its manifestion in our present society, wouldn't you agree?

16. Walls

Walls New Member

Can you provide a link with a picture of this symbol? Are you sure it is on a King James and not a New King James?

17. Pastorba

Pastorba New Member

I have read threads similar to this one in the past and haven't responded. But I feel that I must this time. This young man has reached out to his brothers in Christ for advice on how to help his friend who is having temptation to sin.

Most of the posts have helped him I believe. However the others have spewed a hatred that I cannot fathom is actually in the hearts of children of God.

Bobthebeliever, if you haven't been turned off by the negativity of this thread, I pray that you would have the wisdom of the Lord in this situation. Some advice since that is what you asked for is to never shy away from what the Scripture says. If you friend asks you tell him the Lord says it is a sin to commit homosexual acts. But I wouldn't go to him and condemn him right away. He has come to you. It could be that the Lord has lead him to you to show him the pathway out of this destructive lifestyle.

Above all else please pray daily for him, stay close to the Lord yourself in your walk and as you live a pure life before your friend maybe he'll want the same for his life.

I pray that we would all please remember where we would be today were it not for the grace of God in our lives. Were it not for Christ's righteousness we would all be awaiting the same fate, eternal seperation from God for OUR SINS.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, so that no one may boast." Ephesians 2:8,9

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

S & G were destroyed for their multitude of sins. The "dissing tourist" issue was the straw that broke the camel's back. Note that there were several cities that were guilty of sins that included homosexual acts. But only S & G were chosen. Homosexuality alone was not the reason for their destruction. Neither was it overlooked.

19. TeenforChrist

TeenforChrist New Member

Think it's sad that people become homosexual.
    One reason is the emptiness inside which can only be filled through Jesus Christ. [​IMG] People today just can't put anything above themselves that's the number one problem. Then they fill it with just about anything because of that emptiness. I know first hand what it's like because my uncle is homosexual. We still love him, but not his lifestyle. Don't be conformed into the world, but be transformed through Christ.

TFC [​IMG]
    (I'm one of the first kids/teens to post on this topic, I'm 14 LOL)

20. ArcticBound

ArcticBound New Member

Can you provide a link with a picture of this symbol? Are you sure it is on a King James and not a New King James? </font>[/QUOTE]WALLS you are absolutely CORRECT...THE NEW king james bible has that symbol on it....The translation was done by a Roman Catholic publisher and therefore has the roman catholic Pagan symbol of the FATHER, the MOTHER, and the Spirit. NOT THE KING JAMES BIBLE BUT THE NEW king james bible...PLEASE NOT THAT JonathanDT!

You seem like you have a little animosity toward you Brothers in Christ! AS I said earlier, "to be a friend of the world is to be the enemy of God" James 4:4. "Come out from among them and be ye separate saith the LORD." What do these verses mean? What I have learned from experience is when you live for JESUS, the associations we have we the world, no longer enjoy being around us because we CHANGED. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

It seems if you are still wearing your earring and necklaces then you haven't change too much, you fit right in with the world! The hardest thing for a teen is to break out of the mold of the world! But Greater is He that is in me then he that is in the world.