1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homosexuals To Protest at Bob Jones

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Pipedude, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

2. Bismarck

Bismarck New Member

Why is that effeminates are more aggressive than anyone else in this country?

Woops, my bad, I should be sorry, I should appologize profusely...

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==They have already "hit" Liberty. Twice.

4. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

Here are photos from the local newspaper. It looks to me like the counter-protesters helped garner publicity that Soulforce otherwise wouldn't have.

I've always wondered how protesters earn their living. Don't they have jobs? Why aren't they at work? Do they get a stipend from the organization? Who's bankrolling this show, anyhow?

5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wherever you are on your journey of faith,
    Whatever your sexual orientation or gender identity,
    Whatever your religion, race, age, ability, color, or creed,
    You are welcome to join us in learning, teaching, and applying
    the 'soul force' principles of relentless nonviolent resistance
    as taught by Gandhi and King
    as we work together to stop spiritual violence
    against Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender people
    that flows out of the teachings and actions
    of religious leaders and their communities of faith.
    -The People of Soulforce

Interesting that they refer to Christianities stand against homosexuality "spiritual violence" and their in your face method, learning, teaching and applying these principals, "nonviolent resistance".

The truth is that the regenerated believer wants each and every one of these misguided souls converted by Christ, to Himself.

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I have wondered the same thing. However if you look at the pictures most of the "soulforce" folks looked to be college age kids. That might explain why they have the time to wonder aimlessly around the country protesting. I would guess that their parents are footing the bill for their travels. I'm not sure what they think they are going to accomplish. These schools condemn homosexuality because Scripture condemns it. A protest will change nothing. These kids are wasting their time. Of course I tend to think the same thing about all protestors.

7. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Of course these people are not "regenerated" believers. The Bible is clear that those who practice homosexuality are not saved (1Cor 6:9-10).

8. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Did not say they were Martin. I was referring to you and me, our desire for these lost.

9. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

I hope so. But I think that, as a dog seems to be able to smell fear, the homosexual community smells weakness in evangelicalism and they're applying pressure to try to break down the beliefs that stand in their way.

Would such an effort be ill-advised? The forces of political correctness have been fabulously successful within evangelical thought and it is now a badge of honor to embrace views that were rejected a generation ago. This crowd has worked very hard to reinterpret the scriptures so that they only forbid certain kinds of homosexual misbehavior, rather than basic homosexuality itself.

And that's easy to do. Once you've decided what is acceptable or unacceptable, the Bible can be made to agree--even if it is an idea that was rejected by Christians for a thousand years. After all, nobody had any sense until we came along, did they?

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

11. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Roger, I have to agree with you on this!!!