1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hooray For 'Michigan State' Professor!

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I am neither a racist OR a liberal, but I agree with you that it is the liberals who are trying so hard to be PC that they do damage to our country.

IMO, it is not racist to refuse to embrace a Satanic religion and/or immigrants that enter this country illegally. I don't care what color or race they are...they need to go through proper channels to get here just like our ancestors did. I think we need another Ellis Island.

I agree! And they make much more than $5.00 an hour when you factor in food stamps, no taxes, and free medical care.

Read this email I received. It will shock you...we should adopt these rules just as Mexico did...why didn't we? I think the liberals have stopped most of the rules from being made because it would not be PC.

Funny, Mexico does not worry about being PC.

I don't think any country does but the USA, if the truth be known. How sad...

You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.
    Abraham Lincoln

#21 I Am Blessed 24, Apr 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2008
  2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I quite agree, rather then being unpolite, he restrained himself very well.

3. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

I think we should weep for anyone who dies without Jesus. Personally I was led in my quiet times to pray for Saddam during his time in prison and after his sentence was carried out. This does not mean I agree with anything he did, while serving in the Navy I saw how his people were treated, it broke my heart. But it also breaks my heart to know that a soul ANY soul has gone to hell.

I can love a person for who they are in the eyes of God, not for what they have done or didnt do.

With all of that being said I thought the professor was spot on in his remarks. My point is we do not have to be hatefilled just because they are. We should be better than they are. AND I believe we are called to be better than they are.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Sue
    I'm with Sue.
    Satan is our enemy, and muslims his willing servants.
    According to your interpetation we should never call attention to the fact satan is an enemy and his has servants who kill us.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

If a muslim really is a muslim and does believe his holy book, then he hates us and wishes us dead. The koran teaches hate and violence against us, and no one who calls us himself a muslim can beleive in their false religion and peace.

#25 donnA, Apr 10, 2008
  6. donnA

donnA Active Member

It's a bad thing when it becomes a bad thing for christians to point the finger at false religions and call them false.

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

And a hearty AMEN!, Donna!

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Exactly. A "peaceful muslim" is an oxymoron. A "peaceful muslim" either is not a practicing muslim, or is a muslim in name only.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out the professor has been assasinated at some point by "true" muslims.

9. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When it comes to racism her and your words say otherwise.

Because of Jesus, we now have a different ethic at work concerning our enemies. I don't presume to know the mind of God "his thoughts are not my thoughts". I have assumed that God, being the Creator and Sustainer of the world I inhabit has reasons for doing things recorded in the Old Testament. I would never lower God to a level of accountability equal to that of humanity. He is God and some things simply are not transferable.

If the words of Jesus and consistent pro-life stance are liberal, then I guess you will have to sign me up. I'm not sure when Jesus became a talking point, but I'm pretty sure the expectation was that we heed all His words and not just the ones including the phrase "with a sword".

Have you ever actually been to Mexico? There are hardly rich, retired folks running around all over the place down there. Besides if they are going to leave in 10 years....why not just give a few bucks now? It would seem to save everyone a lot of time and headache.

Living in an area where population is about 85% Hispanic (which I guess means I know more then you?) what you describe is nothing short of a fantasy. I know no other words to describe it.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

go2church, is this racism, too?

"Christians are Bible thumpers"

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said any such thing and you know it. You just don't like it that I don't go along with your radical right-wing agenda. Therefore, you claim that I said something that I neither said nor implied.

12. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why the need for all the finger pointing? :laugh:

You sure seem to know a lot about this religion, you must hang out with your many Muslim friends!? The doctor mentioned earlier, is he a terrorist? If so do you think we should tell him?

Perhaps a good place for Christians to start pointing fingers is at our own churches who claim the name of Jesus, yet live nothing him? Maybe, just maybe if we got our own house in order, there wouldn't be so much need for fingerpointing?

13. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure what you're getting at?

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is that a racist statment? If not, you cannot claim "muslims are terrorists" to be racist, either. It's religion...not race. You owe Sue an apology.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems like the term a "peaceful Christian" is an oxymoron when used for some posters on this board - at least when applied to what they write. :tear:

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I see the point completely went over your head, and you needed to insert your non sequitur.

17. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh! I said that because of her "illegal" comment not her Muslim comment, that one is just mean-spirited and uninformed. But she is not the only one.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture requires us to do so.

19. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

I agree with that, but I do not see that in the op. It was not about calling a false religion false, it was blasting all muslims for the actions of other muslims.

20. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you see, chuck, when their fanatics and terrorists behead a civilian contractor, they do so because their enemies are all Christians and, may I remind you, all Americans.

So they're actually beheading an innocent civilian for the actions of other Americans or other peoples they hate.

Tit for tat, brother.

They're as guilty of generalization.

What they should do is be a little more specific.

Their enemy is the US government ?

Then they should go after their enemy.

And then here they go hiding under the mantle of the law of the country they are trying to attack. Hate speech and all that bull. Educate the professor and all that dung.

What about they educate the radicals and terrorism-minded among them that this country is being good to them and they have opportunities in this country they can never hope to have in their own miserable countries and they owe it to this country to at least be courteous visitors, or loyal residents and citizens ?

Love must have its boundaries, and the boundary is knowledge.
    Rights have its boundaries, and the boundary is when common decency and public morals is infringed upon.
    Even Paul the Apostle said those who do not work should not eat, or was it Peter ?

#40 pinoybaptist, Apr 10, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.