1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hope Alabama Fans are Proud

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by sag38, Feb 16, 2011.

1. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Many Alabama fans are good friends of mine and I have a great respect for them and for their team even though I bleed orange and blue. But, this red neck brings a bad name to the State of Alabama and to everyone who yell's "Roll Tide."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6129272

2. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Taping a jersy to a statue is one thing and it was in very poor taste. But, to kill 120 year old trees is criminal. Hopefully, "bubba" is caught and dealt with by the law.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This idiot gives only one person a bad name.

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Doesn't even qualify as a prank. This is an execution.

Why this person (I'm ashamed to consider him part of the same species as me) would do this is unfathomable.

I'm a big SEC fan and love the rivalries. But this takes things way too far.

It would be the height of irony if the guy is arrested because he used his personal phone to call the radio show and they track down his info.

6. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you expect from people who worship a drunken buffoon? They don't call it Tuscaloser for nothing.

I graduated Auburn in 1988 and have spent countless hours at Toomers' Corner. All good times, all family friendly.

It's too bad that one of the Bammers had to show their true colors and harm something so beautiful and majestic. I say catch this guy, put him in a box with some mice, and let ol' Nova have his way with him.

The sad part is that most Bammers are so ignorant that they probably don't even realize that the oaks were there from the founding of the school, even before there was an Auburn-Alabama rivalry (if you can call seven victories in eight years much of a "rivalry").

By the way, a couple of things for the Tuscalosers to remember:

A couple of things you might want to keep in mind...

1. We have defeated you seven out of the last eight meetings.

2. Auburn has a far better win percentage than Alabama over the last twenty years.

3. Alabama has been on probation for nine out of the last fifteen years for various violations and are currently on probation until the end of the 2012 season.

4. Alabama has been banned from the post-season for three of the last fifteen years due to violations.

5. Alabama has been forced to vacate a total of twenty-nine wins (and one tie) in the last fifteen years due to violations.

6. Antonio Langham, Mike Price, textbook violations, recruiting violations...

Just goes to show you the character of the people we're dealing with here.

#6 JohnDeereFan, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2011
  7. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Being a graduate of Auburn and having tossed a few rolls in those trees I'm glad they nailed this bubbafied redneck. I'm no fan of the Crimson Tide and refuse to worship at a Bear Bryant altar but most Alabama fans I know are appalled that one of theirs would stoop to this level.

9. sag38

sag38 Active Member

10. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I remember as a kid watching both the Bear Bryant show and the Shug Jerdon (sp?) show. Those two men's careers depended in large part on their succes against each other, yet they were always gentlemanly and congratulatory toward each other's successes.

But fans, on the other hand, some of them are just stupid, that's all. What you gonna do?

Edit: Thank the Lord they caught the guy. I hope they make and example of him.

11. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I judge that a big "AU" be tattooed on his forehead and an oak tree tattooed on each forearm in lew of jail time. I'd settle for just the AU on the forehead though.

12. rbell

rbell Active Member

Wow, JDF...generalize much?

You need a break from the rivalry yourself. Take a chill.

Best idea I've heard yet (first mentioned, JDF, by an Alabama fan): Saw off a limb from one of the injured trees and smack the guy with it.

13. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

HERE is how Alabama responds