1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hope and Miracles - Chicken Soup for the Soul

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Bobbi Jessica, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Bobbi Jessica

Bobbi Jessica Jesus loves the little children

Has anyone read this book? I came across it at a local store and thought to buy it on impulse but it was a really good read! I think one of the best stories was the one right at the beginning. *spoiler* It was a story about a couple (sorry if the details aren't totally accurate, it was a while ago) that had lost their young son. After a few weeks they decided to go on a short vacation to get away from it all and the mom was having a hard time with it. They were driving to the airport and she had prayed that morning, wanting to connect with her son. In a moment of divine intervention, there was a skywriter flying that morning, and in the words it said, "Jesse and Jesus, together forever." Her son's name was Jesse.

Sometimes it's just great to read inspirational stories to bolster my faith and feel like watching for the miracles to happen in my life. Can anyone relate? Are there other miracle stories to share? :)

2. MariaMagdalena

MariaMagdalena New Member

I love this entire series of books, but I haven't gotten the chance to read this one. I like the story that you summarised. I think that all of us need positive stories, since there's so much evil in the world.
    Thank you for mentioning it here - I'm gonna try to hunt to hunt the book down!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bobbi Jessica

Bobbi Jessica Jesus loves the little children

Ah yeah it reminds me that the used book store in town might have more of these. I did a quick search on Amazon to find more of the Christian Chicken Soup books and found one called Answered Prayers and I'd like to read that one also. It's great to feel inspired and encouraged to have more faith and these books do a great job of that :).

4. Emil

Emil New Member

I haven't read Chicken Soup for the Soul books in a long time. This sounds like this one might be a good read. I use to enjoy reading the different books in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series.

• Like Like x 1