1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hope

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Faith is the substance of things "hoped" for. It is "certain", an "anchor for the soul".

Modern man uses the word "hope" quite differently and I was wondering how one explains BIBLICAL "hope" contrasted the to "guess so, wish so" hope of today?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. David Mark

David Mark New Member

When all is lost, everything has failed, there is not one friend to be found, and circumstances are dire, what value is there in hope? Will hope reside in me? I won't know unless I am tested.

If hope remains and I can endure.

If hope is lost, I cannot endure.

[​IMG]

Dave.

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

"Faith is the substance of things "hoped", the evidence of things not seen."

I really don't think my usuage of the word 'hope' has changed all that much...especially when it comes to the Blessed Hope. [​IMG]

Without hope, people would be despondent. When hope leaves, despair enters...

There have been times when I have felt helpless, but never hopeless.

[​IMG]
    Sue

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

One thing that really kills the joy I have in hope is to think of a loved on gone who was born into a rough lot in life, spent a lifetime in abuse and addiction, fought, won, then got cancer and 3 months to live and gave back in to addiction and died shortly after, never having made a positive statement of faith at all.
    Makes one's hope seem a bit...hopeless sometimes when things like that hit ya! You almost feel guilty for enjoying that hope you're supposed to have when it can't be shared with those you love.
    Gina

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I understand what you are saying Gina. Life isn't always fair is it?

One thing I know. I have to believe in, and hold on to, my hope before I can share it with others...

The opposite of hope is discouragement...one of Satan's favorite tools.

[​IMG]
    Sue