1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hopeless

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Former Member Amorphous, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Former Member Amorphous

Former Member Amorphous Nephilim Slayer

How can I believe I'm saved and Christ dwells in me? Where's the power if the saying is true "the power that raised Christ from the dead lives in me"? I'm not soul winning, church going feels like a lifeless chore, I'm living like a heathen, and I never have joy or peace, but anxiety. And the suicidal feelings won't cease. I refuse to go to a psychologist.

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fortunately God hasn't given up. Whether you feel it or not, he cares for you.

The internet really isn't an appropriate place to communicate intimate personal problems - people can be tough.

Take a few steps to help yourself.

• Get some counseling from a church pastor to assure your state of salvation - if there are any larger churches nearby they may have a wider selection of resources.
    • Go to a physician to get some guidance concerning possible physical causes for your depression.
    • Don't automatically rule out counciling or medications that may aid you down a path toward recovery.
    I'll be praying for you this week.

Rob

3. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is very possible, and unfortunately quite common, to see saved people living like lost people. To the casual observer, no difference at all would be noticeable. Why can some saved people live just like lost people?

A lost person does not have the Holy Spirit living inside of them. He cannot benefit from the leading and guiding of the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit does not indwell the lost unbeliever. So, a lost man acts like a lost man - there's no reason to expect him to act like anything other than a lost man.

A saved person has the Holy Spirit living inside them. He indwells the believer at the very moment of salvation. The Holy Spirit will guide him and speak to him and convict him of wrong doing unless this saved man has grieved and quenched the Holy Spirit to the degree that he has rendered the Holy Spirit inactive in his life.

When this happens, this saved man will start living just like a lost man because he has, in essence, "turned off" the Holy Spirit in his life.

My advice would be, as Paul suggests, to "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith..." [II Corinthians 13:5]. If you're certain that you have been saved, realize that God considers you to be very valuable and has a purpose and a plan for your life. Get in the Word of God and allow it to do its transforming work in your life.

Ps 119:9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

I'll certainly be praying for you, Amorphous.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    join the crowd.....meaning you are not alone. Depression is really much more common than you think. Hopefully you have a pastor to talk to and maybe someone who is among the brethren. Its hard cause life can be hard but you can overcome with Christ----of that im sure. BEEN THERE.

5. PinkFlowers

PinkFlowers New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's a video that has much good advice in it. (He talks about other things at first and starts getting into the subject of his video around the 3:55 mark.) I watched it twice, taking notes the second time so I will have a reminder handy. Maybe it will help you as it has me. I'll be praying for you.