1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Horseback Riding Accident

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by horsegal16, Aug 7, 2008.

1. horsegal16

horsegal16 New Member

Please pray for me! I had a bad fall off my horse, Jonah, Tuesday night while jumping. I landed straight on my head and had a minor-mild concussion (we are not sure of which one it is at the time). I don't remember anything between 6:30-8:30 Tuesday night, except that once I landed, I jumped right back up, couldn't see anything from my eyes clouding up, stumbled around, and fell right back on the ground. I am "grounded" for 2 weeks: no riding, no basketball (ball might hit me in the head), no running, no football, etc. because if i hit my head again in the next 2 weeks, i will have brain damage. Please pray for me and my family as we go through this. My neck is very sore as is my head, and leg where the sturrip caught my leg and cut it, my right hip and shoulder have a large bruise on it. Also, please pray that I will not be afraid when I get back on in 2 weeks. Thank you!

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ouch! I've been there, done that, have the medical bill to prove it. My guy is 17.1 hands so ANY fall from him is a big one and he decided to play bucking bronco that day. OY!!

I hope you feel better and I'll pray for courage to get back on. I find I'm OK until I try to do what I was doing when I fell - then I get all nervous and Whirl can certainly feel that. But after a while of pushing through, I get better.

((HUGS))!!

Do you have anyone else who can ride while you can't? That's not going to help matters - a nervous rider and a horse that's not been ridden for 2 weeks!

OH!! One more thing - replace your helmet. When you have a bad fall like that, it needs to be replaced. Not cheap, I know, but important.

3. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Boy, we will be praying for you! We know of a lady who fell off her horse and was not aware of how long she was "out" but we are praising the Lord there was no
    severe head injuries,because this young lady went to get her nursing degree and was the top student and a wonderful RN.

We are fearful and wonderful made!

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You are in my prayers!

5. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Praying with you...

that your injuries are healing. Praying that you have no brain damage.