1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hospital chided for reporting illegal applicant

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 1, 2008.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080901/ap_on_re_us/immigration_employer_reporting

Hospital chided for reporting illegal applicant

By ANABELLE GARAY, Associated Press Writer
    Mon Sep 1, 4:18 AM ET

CARROLLTON, Texas - Maria Martinez' attempt to land a cafeteria job at a suburban Dallas hospital got her arrested, jailed and deported.

She did use a counterfeit social security on her application to Trinity Medical Center, but her relatives and supporters wonder whether the hospital overreacted by calling the police.

During yet another year marked by several high profile immigration raids targeting both undocumented workers and the companies who hire them, the Martinez case raises questions about what employers can or should do if they discover an applicant is not authorized to work legally in the U.S.

A spokeswoman for the medical center here contends the hospital was simply following policy and has a responsibility to report criminal activity, including possible identity theft.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How in the world can illegal criminal alien supporters say these folks are law abiding citizens just trying to get work? They cross the border ilegally and then use false SS#'s. law abiding my foot.

#2 Revmitchell, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Law abiding? they proved they were criminals when they entered this country ILLEGALLY.

4. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I thought that "not reporting a crime" was a crime itself?

What other crimes do the libs think we should ignore?

AJ

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is unless you are a lib

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree 100% with you here Rev. All crimes should be reported. Anyone with illegal in their title seems to be a criminal. I applaud this hospital for following their conscience and believe America should support concerned citizens like these.

I also believe we need to introduce a special crime bill for falsifying or wrongfully using any social security number. That is our federal registration number and needs to be accurate and safeguarded or it discredits the entire system. I like the fact that we now get a number at birth and believe we need a better system of reporting the number at death. I further believe with the computer systems of today, we need away to match the number with a person. I'm not saying bar code or implanted tracking device but a system where a person will have to prove it is their number at the time of employment an a system where businesses can easily prove if the number is valid or not.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It happens every once in a while.:laugh: