1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hosting of Sermon Audio?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Batt4Christ, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Batt4Christ

Batt4Christ Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK - some time back, I came here looking for similar advice. Our church's budget didn't (and still doesn't) have room to pay for a service like SermonAudio.com. I have to keep up the web site myself, and we pay for simple hosting as basic as we can.

I was pointed to SermonCompanion... and indeed, they offered a basic free package that even allowed inserting your sermon list on their page within your own web site. Not beautiful, but the price was hard to beat... $0 unless you wanted some significant extras which we didn't and don't need.

Well - I got an email this week from them (it claims to be the 2nd one on the subject) that they are changing their service - anyone not upgrading packages to a paid package will be switched to the "new" basic package - which only allows 10 active audio files at a time. Ugh...

To add insult to injury (is there really injury if you didn't pay for a service anyway?) - the lowest package they offer is at least as expensive as SermonAudio - and doesn't appear to offer anything superior.

Sooo.... the question then becomes - is there anywhere else for very inexpensive (or free) hosting of sermon audio files that anyone is aware of?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

3. Batt4Christ

Batt4Christ Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting - are you using the PodBean business version?

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't know but hubby said it's the one that's about $50 a year.

5. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I use podbean too. Easy to use - works great!