1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hotel Soap

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A good hotel offers a small complimentary supply of soap (face and bath), shampoo/conditioner, body lotion, shower cap, shoe-shine buff cloth in every bathroom. They are yours.

They also usually have 2-3 pre-measured coffee filters for brewing a small pot in room. They might have a celophane pack of stirrer, sugar, whitener, napkin. They are yours.

They will refill the little bathroom display daily, even if you just put them in your suitcase, which we do.

When staying in a hotel for a few days, I open the soap and shampoo and use it. Then put it away and the housekeeper brings a new supply daily. I reuse the soap and shampoo (small bottle will last for 3-4 days).

This is part of the cost they charge me for the rental of a room for a night. Clean towels. Clean sheets. A buck (at most) worth of toiletries. Box of kleenex refilled in the bathroom. (And toilet paper with the end in a pretty point) Vacuum up Cheeto crumbs and pick up room service dishes.

We have friends that manage a Super 8 and they are bare-bones on toiletries and say that "You paid for them".

BTW, when we get a back full, we take them to our Baptist Youth Camp for the speakers, missionaries and anyone who needs them. Had two whole bags full last year, so gave one to our Rescue Mission as well.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

However, before regeneration, you cannot choose not to take the soap, because of your fallen state. Since you have been on vacation and staying in a motel for some time now, I certainly hope you are using the soap and not saving it for when you return.

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

That's the spirit! Now, can we also point out that the payment for the soap and toiletries is limited only to a certain group? That is, limited payment for those who use the room? This analogy falls apart, though, if I'm the one who makes the payment for myself. It works, however, if I make the payment for someone else who is unable to make the payment himself.

Anybody want to go for the I in Tulip?

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

If they are in there for the night(s) I have paid for, they are mine to keep, no matter how I choose to use them.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps it would be better if you said "no matter how I am destined to fulfill their purpose".

HankD

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Cleanliness is next to godliness. Hez 3:14

[​IMG]

#46 saturneptune, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
  7. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

The willingness of the hotel to include the toiletries in the cost of the room example of undeserved grace that I find irresistible.

I'm having trouble with the U, Unconditional Election, since the hotel didn't choose me, I chose it. Can anybody help?

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You are totally on the wrong track. These bars of soap were hand made by the apostles, and handed down through the mysterious Baptist churches of the early centuries and the Middle Ages. Then, after the Reformation, when the Baptist church made themsleves known again, the soap then ended up with the SBC who distributed the bars to Holiday Inns and Howard Johnsons. It is better known today as landmarkism soap.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, they did choose you, when they sent you a 50% off coupon (thoug not vailid Fri-Sun)

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But is it a BAPTIST Motel?

Baptist - Baptist distinctives acrostic

• Biblical authority
    • Autonomy of the local church
    • Priesthood of all believers
    • Two ordinances (baptism and communion)
    • Individual soul liberty
    • Separation of Church and State
    • Two offices of the church (pastor and deacon)
    B Biblical Authority to stay in a Motel
    The good Samiartian put the victim up in a motel

11. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Actually, I think that's irresistible grace. With that coupon in hand, I HAD to choose them. Or, was the hotel responsible for changing my desires? Where I wasn't interested before, now I definitely want what they're offering.

#51 Tom Butler, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
  12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

posted in error

#52 saturneptune, Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2009
  13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were you in error when you took the notepad and pen from your motel room? :smilewinkgrin:

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, examine your history and you will probably find an agent (even human) of some sort in your past which influenced your "choice". e.g. William Shatner and Priceline.

HankD

15. Spinach

Spinach New Member

This is the funniest thread I've read in a long time. Thanks for the chuckle!!!

16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its not funny when you want to take a bath and someone took the tub drain plug:BangHead:

17. Spinach

Spinach New Member

Meh. You could just do what my youngest child did yesterday and stuff the drain with toilet paper and chewing gum.

EEK!

18. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Whew! Thanks, Hank. Hadn't thought of that. Could we call it "conviction" or maybe "convincing?" I am certainly convinced about that soap.

#58 Tom Butler, Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2009
  19. rbell

rbell Active Member

Or, you can just get "soap on a Pope." Less bottles that way.

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Now that is a good one. Haven't had so much fun since we were kids and played ring around the rosery.