1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hothead McCain

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 7, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "The thought of his being President sends a cold chill down my spine. He is erratic. He is hotheaded. He loses his temper, and he worries me." - Republican Senator Thad Cochran about Senator John McCain

www.thenation.com/doc/20080324/dreyfuss

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me too.:thumbs:

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no such thing as a President balancing his public temper. A hot head has a questionable character for this position.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

6. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Temper is good when it is righteous. You would have to give an example of an unjustified outbreak of rage.

Isn't it tellingly sad though how this temper sends a cold chill down a man's spine but pulling a child feet first from the womb and piercing it's skull, sucking the brains out until dead doesn't bother them at all. They would support this barbarack form of murder with no chill at all but get all lathered up over a fit of anger, even if a righteous anger at that.

God Bless! :praying:

7. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Amen Steaver! Those who want to make a big deal over McCains temper just show that they dont have any other mud to throw at him. When he is elected, I hope he blows his stack at these arrogant, pompous, supercilious bunch of jokers that call themselves objective journalists. I hope he sends Pelosi and Reid running with their tails between their legs. Reagan showed a little righteous indignation at reporters once in a while and put them in their place.

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Reporters constant questions would be enough to make anyone get angry once in awhile.

9. targus

targus New Member

Hillary seems to have a bit of a temper problem too.

If Obama's campaign continues to slide down hill we may get a chance to take a measure of his temper as well.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Especially since it appears that conservatives have fallen in line with McCain and are willing to go along with his proposals for amnesty for illegal aliens, restricting political speech via campaign finance reform, his opposition to President Bush's tax cuts, and his desire to start a war with Iran, now that he is the presumptive Republican Party presidential nominee for 2008.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Maybe he needs Metamucil.

12. Justlittleoldme

Justlittleoldme New Member

I watched the video clip of his reported "hot temper" and I don´t get it. I didn´t see a hot temper. I saw him being firm in getting his point accross and not allowing himself to be "led" in a direction he wasn´t willing to go. I did not see him screaming or hollering or even raising his voice.

I have been totally confused by all the reports of his so-called "hot temper".

13. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I agree, I watched the clip as well and I don't see a hot temper either.

It is just part of the political game. And now that Ken is a liberal democrat he wants to get as much negative stuff on here about McCain as he can.

14. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to give him credit though; whatever his beliefs are, at any given moment, he's very vocal, steadfast and tenacious about it.

I've followed the metamorphosis from staunch conservative to liberal over the past couple or so years, and at each stage he was FIRM in his convictions, and withstood all challengers.

I didn't always follow the logic of his views or grasp the intent of some of his posts, but he never wavered till the next stage emerged.

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! Where can it go from here? Maybe this is evidence of evolution.:laugh:

16. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

What hypocrisy! Ken, you went from Ron Paul to Barak Obama and you have the unmitigated gaul to critizise McCain supporters? I aint goin' there.

17. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You can't blame someone from abandoning a sinking ship.

18. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Clinton was called "Vesuvius" by his staffers, who often said they walked around in fear of a left-field eruption. We've had Presidents with tempers before. I would hardly call this a fatal flaw, unless they have no ability to be congenial or controlled. McCain hasn't struck me that way. He seems to have a lot of passion, which beats the heck out of the alternative. Now who could I be referring to? :laugh:

19. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ken, you need to submit yourself to God (James 1) and study His word (2Tim 2) and His ways and incorporate them into your positions and stances. We all need to do this so we are not tossed by every whim and wave. Then and only then will you be comfortable and content in your positions and your desire to persuade others into righteousness. It must come from the scriptures! You need the Rock of Christ in your views.

God Bless! :thumbs:

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have and I do.