1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

House arrest for teacher who had sex with boy

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Johnv, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Here's the story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10153733/from/RS.1/

The story begins, "A female teacher pleaded guilty Tuesday to having sex with a 14-year-old student, avoiding prison as part of a plea agreement.

Debra Lafave, 25, whose sensational case made tabloid headlines, will serve three years of house arrest and seven years’ probation. She pleaded guilty to two counts of lewd and lascivious battery.
    "

This is yet another example of the judicial double standards applied to females more leniently than men. If this were a male teacher who had sex with a female student, he'd have dont' jail time and been called all sorts of things like "pervert" and "pedophile". And rightly so, for that is what he is. The woman in this story, too, is a pervert and a pedophile, but she comes out smelling like a rose. Why? because she's female.

2. Michaelt

Michaelt Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found it humorous that the defense said that she shouldn't go to jail because of her attractiveness?
    that's funny

3. Repent62

Repent62 New Member

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves...Romans 1:24

Need I say more?

Repent! [​IMG]

4. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

We had a teacher just like that in high school, but she was never found out, and for sure the boys said nothing. Wish I could say more, but it is but a small and not so rare picture of life in the world, without Christ.

5. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Two parallel stories in my neighborhood. One girl runs down two or three children with her car, takes off, comes forward days later after her parents wiped the blood off of her car, and she gets two years house arrest.
    Another 25 yr old has repeated sex with a 14 year old and gets three years house arrest.

ST PETE TIMES

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A judge blamed a 16 year old Catholic High school student in Albany NY for manipulating his teacher into having a sexual encounter with him after the school prom.
    Here is the STORY LINK

The teacher was convicted, but counting time served, she will be out soon.

Just wondering, the next time a male teacher is accused of the same crime, will he be given the same treatment as the teachers in NY and FLA?

Come quickly Lord Jesus

Salty

7. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I would put more weight on the male teachers infidelity than on a females. I guess that makes me a sexist, or something.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that a male teacher should be held to a higher standard? Not sure exactaly what you mean.

Salty

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Too many times in the church too.

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Consensual or not----what the lady did was against the law and should have received the same sentence had it been a man who committed it. I feel like the fact that she pleaded "Guilty" played a major role in sentence reduction---as far as her attractiveness having a play on what happens in prison---don't you reckon that good looking women go to jail and do time??? Women's prisons are full of the "Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!"---as well as the Pretty!!

11. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Well in a sense I guess I am. I would say that a male has a higher expectation of responsibility than the weaker vessel.

The man in these cases would certainly be in a much higher position, authoritatively.

The women in the case I was familiar with was not in an authoritive position over the teens in her case. She was just out of college.

12. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

It's just sad.

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You're kidding, aren't you? That's pretty much saying that a female teacher can get a slap on the wrist while male teacher gets the book thrown at him. Both of them are in the same position of authority, and both of them are committing the same crime. Both of them should get the book thrown at them.

Yeah, it does make you a sexist. You're saying a woman who commits the same crime as a man is not responsible to the same level as a man. That's ridiculous!

14. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

To that "Judge" give me a break!!!!! :mad: [​IMG]

15. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

You're kidding, aren't you? That's pretty much saying that a female teacher can get a slap on the wrist while male teacher gets the book thrown at him. Both of them are in the same position of authority, and both of them are committing the same crime. Both of them should get the book thrown at them.

Yeah, it does make you a sexist. You're saying a woman who commits the same crime as a man is not responsible to the same level as a man. That's ridiculous!
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yes it seems so doesn't it, yet I hold to it. But then I've never been for equality of the sexes at any level, so I guess I'm at least somewhat consistant.

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Okay, you get a gold star for consistency [​IMG]

17. bapmom

bapmom New Member

hillclimber,

but then look at it this way for a moment if you will. The ladies have a more direct role (in a manner of speaking) in the raising and nurturing of the younger generations. We are supposed to be teaching them morals and purity, not helping to degrade those societal morals.
    As a woman myself, I would almost hold the females to a higher standard than the male. The woman is supposed to not be as driven by those urges. Forgive me gentlemen, Im not denigrating the man's spirituality here......but we aren't run the same way physically, and we are talking unsaved people, here, too.

I don't know that I can express it better, but I almost believe that the woman has even more responsibility in these cases than the man does. I do have a MUCH harder time understanding a female teacher doing this sort of thing.

18. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I see your point but simply disagree with it.

To restate my point one last time: I believe a 16 or 17 year old boy is less harmed in this situation than a 16 or 17 year old girl, and in fact the boy will usually brag about it. I have always believed the female gender to be the weaker one in the areas of sexual conquests. They have more to lose in the way society views these things. Sadly society looks on males as heros in their conquests, and females as loose or slutty.

19. DeadMan

DeadMan New Member

You may be right that they will go around and brag about it. But that doesn't mean he isn't damaged by the experience. The problem is her actions aided in that boys' overall view of women & sex in general. That boy will likely walk away from this ordeal with a worped view of women and sex that may lead to him treating women like 'pieces of meat' later on in his life. And you think she shouldn't be held to the same standards as men? Aren't you, and every other woman with the same opinion, setting yourselves up for having more problems with men as these boys grow up?

Just my $.02. Merry Christmas!