1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

House entertains 5.4% surtax on millionaires

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Again, only you can change it. Maybe you should move away from that area to somewhere with more opportunity. Maybe you should get a student loan and get some training. There are ways to improve your lot. Rather than lashing out at people who you think have more money than you, heal yourself. This is what I mean about voting against your interest. You want huge tax breaks for Billionaires, while you live a life of poverty. That is all you will ever have, because that is all they will allow, unless the people vote for change. You can effect some changes, but it takes regulation and tax code to make the greedy CEOs do the right thing.

#41 Magnetic Poles, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2009
  2. donnA

donnA Active Member

as you've been doing all along?
    if you aren't living it right now, you ahve no idea how people right now are living.
    thats ignorance.

under current conditions, menaing you would have to be livng that way right now for it to mean anything to this converstion, if not you still have no idea what people are livng liek right now. you have no current expereince under same conditons to compare it with.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

move where, when, how? my husband would ahve to have a job elsewhere first, he can not get a better job then he has right now, not without education and trianing. you have no idea.
    I, for the ten thousanth time, am disabled, if I could get educationa nd trianing and help us I would. but I supose you tell all disabled people to get a job don't you, elderly, hungry children.
    no there isn't, not for everyone.
    again,making it up.

You'll never get the idea, it's going to trickle down to the rest of us, and food and necessities are going to double, if not more, we've been watching happen right now, everytime we go to the store.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

No they don't. Those who "helped" them get to the top received their due either through wages or products and services. Its called the free market.

You right there is incentive it is called excessive taxes and and labor costs.

5. Magnetic Poles

Who said I am not living it now? Just you. You have no clue, as we have already determined.

You really have a comprehension problem don't you? I never mentioned money. I am talking about charitable works, not charitable giving. One can serve food at a soup kitchen. One can distribute blankets. One can volunteer at a shelter.

Really? Read your words again. Then you finish with this:

...................................................................................................
    So personal attacks are all you have left. Sad.

6. Magnetic Poles

There are always a million reasons why people "can't". This is what separates those who do and those who don't.

I am sorry for your disability, but you can use a computer. Do you know that you could get training to do a computer job? I used to manage a man whose entire body was twisted and stiff from Cerebral Palsy, yet he came to work everyday and created artwork and catalogs as a graphic artist using the computer. There is always someone worse off than we. But you seem to take pride in trying to be the one worse off than anyone. Pity parties don't help, but they do give rationalization.

Could hubby get retrained for a better job? Student loans are available and so is night school.

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A. To call some one "ignorant" is considered bad form. That goes to the person. Saying "you made an incorrect assumption" is with in the bounds. That speaks to the statement\comment.
    B. Calling someone a little "c" communist is not the same as calling them a capitol "C" Communist. One speak to a perceived political position. The other speaks to memerbship in a particular organization.

It will surprise no one that I am closing this (5 page) thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.