1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

House Passed More Than 350 Bills That Sit on Harry Reid’s Desk,

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to many liberal media outlets, the House of Representatives has been a complete failure. Hosts and guests on various MSNBC programs frequently call this the “Do Nothing Congress,” while slamming the GOP leadership for the lack of bills being passed.

However, according to Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), the House has passed a bevy of bills that are sitting on Harry Reid’s desk in the Senate.

How many bills? Blackburn told TheBlaze that 356 bills made it through the House and are languishing in the Senate.

Additionally, according to the congresswoman, 98 percent of those bills were passed with bipartisan support. She also pointed out that 200 of the bills were passed in the House with unanimous support from the entire chamber and more than 100 were passed with 75% support of House Democrats.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...t-sit-on-harry-reids-desk-says-congresswoman/

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

Exactly. It's a "Do-Nothing Senate" not a "Do-Nothing Congress." The House leadership is doing it's job. Reid is more interested in helping the Chinese in his home state than he is in representing the people of his state, and the nation.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's 350 too many, IMO.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    350 political trash bills. The House GOP can't pass important bills because of the squabbling among themselves. The House GOP should be ashamed.

#4 Crabtownboy, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
  5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are these 10 bills part of the Trash?

6. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One man's trash is another man's treasure. Depends on the eye of the beholder.

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

So you're gonna tell me you still call these bills passed by the House and languishing in the Senate "trash"?

The Hire More Heroes Act (H.R. 3474), supported by 183 Democrats
    The Success and Opportunity through Quality Charter Schools Act (H.R. 10), supported by 158 Democrats
    The Innovation Act (H.R. 3309), supported by 130 Democrats
    The Cybersecurity Information Sharing and Protection Act (H.R. 624) , supported by 92 Democrats
    The American Research and Competitiveness Act (H.R. 4438), supported by 62 Democrats
    The America’s Small Business Tax Relief Act (H.R. 4457), supported by 53 Democrats
    The Domestic Prosperity and Global Freedom Act (H.R. 6), supported by 48 Democrats
    The S Corporation Permanent Tax Relief Act (H.R. 4453), supported by 42 Democrats
    The Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act (H.R. 2218), supported by 39 Democrats
    The Small Business Capital Access and Job Preservation Act (H.R. 1105), supported by 39 Democrats​
    The Senate has taken no action on any of these bills. Research them. Tell me they're "trash." My guess is you didn't even look at Salty's link, for fear of having your delusions undermined.

How many bills have actually been passed by the Senate? Fourteen. One-Four. Less than 15, more than 13. In other words, not many. In addition, Senate Democrats are being more obstinate about Republic input the more controversial the issue before the body. They've refused to allow Republican amendments to bills regarding unemployment, immigration, the minimum wage, an energy bill, a tax bill, even a non-controversial sportsmen's rights bill. They are the obstructists. They are the do-nothings. Get a clue, please.

#7 thisnumbersdisconnected, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
  8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The irony of conservatives complaining that more laws, more government regulations, and more spending is not going to happen is priceless!

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't know as I have no idea what kind of riders Republicans attached to the bills. Riders kill good legislation at times.

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've never heard of these bills, but I think it's safe to say that all except the first 3 or 4 were written by Republicans. I can spot their policy issues in the titles. You don't need to know what riders are on them, you only need to know that a good number of Democrats voted for them, so why doesn't Harry Reid take them up in the Senate? I think the OP has a point--you can't say the Republicans are the "do-nothing" Congress when they have passed these bills but the Dems controlling the Senate are blocking them.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    -

I have linked several of these - do they sound good?

12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The talking heads on MSNBC probably do not realize that Congress includes both the House and the Senate. I suspect that most people in this country are ignorant of that fact!

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Including the democrat apologists on this board. They're drowning in leftist koolaide. Every time they open their mouths, they take in some more.

The facts mean nothing.

14. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

That is so true! You, Mr. Crabbie, try to convince people on this Forum that you are pro-life yet you are a rabid supporter of the leftist democrat party, and their skinny abortionist-in-chief, that not only advocates the slaughter of the unborn but devoted one night of their 2012 National Convention to celebrate the slaughter of the unborn. And yet you hypocritically and routinely post the following:

Matthew 25:32, 33; 41-46
    32. And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
    33. And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

41. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
    42. For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    43. I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    44. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
    45. Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    46. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Think about it Mr. Crabbie: The Goats are on the LEFT!

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The trash is everything Obama wants to pass.