1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Housing for my sick parents

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by TomVols, Jul 29, 2008.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

My parents are in poor health and elderly and we are trying to get them into a house that is 100 yds from my backdoor. However, we may have hit a snag that would derail the whole deal. We need God to move greatly. My parents need care, and I'm the only one that is able to give it to them. If we cannot get them into this house, I'm afraid of what it might come to.

Please pray that God moves. We'll know something within 12-24 hours if this is going to work or not. I sincerely and deeply covet your prayers.

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying:. That is so thoughtful of you to be a help to your parents. May God bless you!

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Certainly this situation is in my prayers.

4. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: knowing the answer is on the way.

And I might add that we and the Lord are very pleased that you are honoring your parents. May God bless you and meet all of your needs.

5. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Praying that your prayers will be answered and all your needs met.

Blessings

following-Him :praying:

6. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

Just a said a quick prayer, that God will provide a solution in this situation. :praying:

7. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: knowing He has or will be answering your prayer.

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Update

A quick update:

It appeared we were about to get over the initial snag. Now, another issue has cropped up due to the poor housing economy. My parents and I are more than qualified financially, but now more snags have developed. If this goes through at all, it will cost us more money out of pocket at the closing table and per month.

Please pray that God will provide. I covet your prayers for a smooth conclusion, closing, and one that God meets financially. Please do pray. I'll do better to keep you posted. It's taking an emotional toll on my parents.

9. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Thanks for the up-date TomVols!

Yes, we are continuing to pray that the Lord will provide the best option for you and your dear parents.
    May the Lord comfort and strengthen your parents during this testing time.

God does hear and answer our prayers! PTL!

10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I should be able to post an update tomorrow, Thurs at the latest. I do ask again for your prayers.

11. Karen

Karen Active Member

I pray that things work out smoothly.

12. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Praying here, Tom.

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well, God has removed one barrier!

Now, we need a couple other hurdles cleared. Do pray that these are cleared. I'll keep you posted.

So everyone who has been praying - your prayers are working...keep it up :smilewinkgrin:

14. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Certainly I will be praying for those hurdle.s

15. Beth

Beth New Member

Will be praying

Will be praying for a good conclusion today. What a blessing to care for your parents!

16. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: and the answer is on the way!

17. TomVols

TomVols New Member

We're still facing those minor hurdles. Minor now, because as always, they can become big. Continue to pray. I'll let y'all know as soon as I know the resolution

18. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Thanks for the up-date sounds like God is hearing those prayers in your behalf and for your parents too.

God is going to help you through these hurdles by given you the open door in His time.Sometimes it is hard to wait the sweetness of answered prayer will be worth
    it all!

19. TomVols

TomVols New Member

At 6:30 yesterday, I walked out of the closing for my parents home with a very tired hand holding the keys to their new home! Praise God!

Pray that the repairs will be minimal and that we can get them into the house swiftly. I'll keep you posted

20. Joe

Joe New Member

I'll be praying for you. Not sure if you did this already, but our County has in home support services. This means they pay someone minimum wage or so to provide a certain amount of hours to someone to care for another person. 20 hours is the norm.

Whether it's a friend or child caring for their parents, it doesn't matter. I don't know all of the income guidelines, but I know it's really easy to get, not much red tape. A person can own a home and qualify, but they can't have more than $3000 in their bank account.

So around here, you could make about $700 a month taking care of your parents or friends.

There is also an adult day care program which is really good. It's about a mile from our house, and the County can pay all or part of it. The busses pick up the older people and they stay there doing rehab and playing games for about 6 hours a day. Sometimes if I am bored, I'll drop by and find an old person to play cards with for a half hour to an hour. I have a few buddies there.