1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How about Bible Codes???

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Sep 15, 2006.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I saw this documentary on discovery channel regarding Bible Codes and how many events that have occured are already in the bible codes. Any info or thoughts on this????

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Reverse engineering can make evolution look good, but it makes the Bible look like witch craft . . .

IMHO.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

bible codes is a load

(almost rhymed!)

"Bible codes" is a man-made scheme that has made certain writers rich. Nothing within scripture points to a code. God's truth is there--deep and rich, yes, but not hidden in some obscure encoding.

4. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I saw that they can enter a number for example 20 and it will skip 20 letters a time or something like that and the messages on there. Whats the coinsidence of Hitlers name, along with his country's name and other info being in the bible under these bible codes.

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

The OT was in Hebrew and Aramaic, the NT in Greek . . .

You won't be able to spell hitler or germany in those languages . . .

Hence, as I wrote, you can reverse engineer anything that way - just decide which translation in which language with which 'random' code will generate what you want it to generate . . .

We can find taliorlando with the right reverse engineering . . .

Witch craft is witch craft . . .

6. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

TRUE!! thanks

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

you're welcome!

:godisgood:

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

There are no bible codes. The bible is not a secret from believers, God wrote all He wants us to know out plain for us to read. The plain text of scripture is all there is, i scripture God covers man and his history in relationship with God from creation till the end, there is nothing else left. Why would He hide stuff that believers up until now could not read because they did not have computers?
    Bible codes are a form of fortune telling, and a result of a lack of faith in God and His words. They call it bible code as a way of authenticating it, when in fact it only uses the O.T. in hebrew.
    They tested the bible code method on other books, and also found secret messages, which you can eventually do with probably every book given enough time and picking the right numbers.

9. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

According to the original book, "The Bible Code" by Michael Drosnin, a major earthquake will hit California this year taking nearly half of it into the ocean. In 2010, the rest will be destroyed in another earthquake.

I say let's see what happens over these next few months. If nothing happens, then we will know Michael Drosnin prophesied falsely and should be avoided.

10. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Paul Crouch I think wrote a book on Bible Codes!!! Has anyone read it!!!

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

He also said the bible was written by a computer and that you had to use a cmputer to read it's message. He discounts the plain text of scripture.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

Haven't read it, but I know he supports it, he said that he his wife and tbn were mentioned in the bible codes.

13. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is a nice parody page to show why Bible Codes are bunk.

Assassinations Foretold in Moby Dick

Of course, folks who see conspiracy theories and connect all sorts of dots that don't exist might actually think this is true and consider Moby Dick to be a special book. If this is you, the same guy who wrote the above page explains the point of the illustration in the page below.

Scientific Refutation of the Bible Codes

#13 Gold Dragon, Sep 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2006
  14. Inquiring Mind

Inquiring Mind New Member

I would like to note that also the Pre-trib rapture is a man-made scheme that has made certain writers rich. Let's make some more money off the fears of the ignorant? I think I will write a book as well and jump on the money tree bandwagon!

15. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

In addition to the arguments already brought out against the "Bible code" idea, there is the emphasis in Scripture against claims of private revelation. That was called Gnosticism, and I John 1:1-4, among other passages, rules it out ... the life made manifest .. which we are able to see and handle.