1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How about defining "LIAR"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by billwald, Mar 30, 2012.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

If there was an official forum definition of "liar" it would save much bandwidth and forum hostility.

2. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

I don't know that there is, and I seriously doubt that we could come to a consensus here on BB. But I do know how to spot one,......................... they're pants are usually on fire. :smilewinkgrin:

3. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Here's my vote:

+ Deliberately speaking falsehood when one knows that what he/she is saying is false, with the intent of decieving others who read their post.

Here's what it should not be...but often get's accused of being a liar:

1. Restating another's opinion in your own words, but missing something the OP'er considers vital: "YOU LIED, YOU SAID I SAID ______BUT i REALLY SAID _-_-_-_!"

2. Giving a differing view of scripture: "YOUR A LIAR BECAUSE YOU SAY GOD WANTS INFANTS BAPTIZED."

3. Stating a fact incorrectly though ignorance... "YOUR A LIAR! YOU SAID BAPTISTS USED TO BE ELDER-LED!"

In conclusion, I think everyone on this board would do well stop calling each other liars... There is so much room for misunderstanding in these short posts we put that anyone is going to make mistakes from time to time, in posting, or in interpreting other's posts. We could all use a big dose of graciousness.

4. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I would add one other false definition - claiming someone is a liar because they simply disagree with your interpretation of a text and/or your position.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The definition of a liar is Mitt Romney.

6. JesusSaves!

JesusSaves! New Member

Here is one way it is defined : 1 John 2:22, Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

7. billwald

billwald New Member

This statement is about the status of Jesus. Or is every statement posted on BB True? Or are half of us lying about what we "believe in?"