1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How about them Pistons

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Timtoolman, Dec 10, 2005.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I agree with you. The last 80s and early 90s was a very special time and some great games. I did not think the Bulls were ever going to get past the Pistons and their Jordan rules.

It sure was a blowout. I was very disappointed in how the Bulls have played. They have to do better than that against a division team.

The Bulls have a lot of potential and I think in a couple years they may be one of the top teams in the East again. I just hope we see some growth from them this year. I fear they are going backwards instead of forward from last years performance.

You are probably right. The only other one that I can think of that is possibly a rivalry right now is the Mavericks and Spurs. It seems the league right now is kinda boring. I miss the good ole rivalries of the Bulls/Pistons...Lakers/Celtics...etc Maybe we will get back there one day soon.

2. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I miss the old rivalries too. Of course I was growing up during some of those great ones, so I have fond memories.

There was the great personal rivalry too of Jordan vs. Bird, though I think Jordan outclassed Larry Bird. MJ was a phenomenon that rarely occures in professional sports.

3. PastorSBC1303

Thinking back to all those great games between the Bulls and Pistons...what are your thoughts on the game when the Bulls finally knocked the Pistons out and many of their players walked off the court with a few seconds left on the clock refusing to even shake any of the Bulls hands?

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I do not think that is very sportman like. Also it certainly did not set a good example of how to be a good looser.

5. PastorSBC1303

Yeah I wasn't very impressed.

If I remember right Joe Dumars was the major figure of the team that stayed out and shook hands. He gained a lot of respect in my book.

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Joe is a great guy. He has very likable personality and he has been very loyal to the Pistons. He sure has brought some great players and coaches to Detorit as well.

I will never forget the anouncer at the Palace or the old Silverdome for that matter calling out after Joe scored "JOE DUUUUMARSSSS!".

7. jstrickland1989

jstrickland1989 New Member

I think Pistons are good, but I don't see them beating SA. They have a good backcourt with Billups,Hamilton, but I think SA's backcourt could put up a fight with Parker,Ginobli

James

8. PastorSBC1303

James, you just stick right around here....we are always looking for those who think the Pistons are not the best team in the league [​IMG]

9. jstrickland1989

I happen to be one of those. [​IMG]

10. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Welcome James. Sometimes I wonder how they beat anyone.The key has to be teamwork. They will suprise you. Going to be a great year.

11. PastorSBC1303

You too ;)

12. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

We will see how they play on Christmas day. ;) Oh and by the way it did take SA 7 games to finally win against a very tired Pistons, who by the way didn't score like they do this year. This Pistons have handled the Spurs backcourt just fine in the past what makes you think they can't do it again? :D

13. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

In other words "We are always looking for others who wish to deny the obvious because we can't stand teams from Michigan." ;) ;) :D :D [​IMG]

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A single game in the regular season means nothing. In the finals its best of seven. I guess the Pistons need to work on their conditioning so that they can play all seven games.

Not that it would do them much good against the Spurs. They are even more loaded with talent this season than last season. [​IMG]

15. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

This Pistons play 100 times better than they did last season. The Spurs don't look much different. And regular season games can be an indication of what happens at the end of the year.

As far as conditioning goes, they were tired going into the finals, I bet SA would have lost if they were in the same situation.

16. jstrickland1989

We will see how they play on Christmas day. ;) Oh and by the way it did take SA 7 games to finally win against a very tired Pistons, who by the way didn't score like they do this year. This Pistons have handled the Spurs backcourt just fine in the past what makes you think they can't do it again? :D </font>[/QUOTE]I personally think that SA's backcourt is just as strong as Detroit's. And we know that Spurs frontcourt is very dominating with Duncan in the low post. Given this years teams, I think it will have to be 7 games in the finals. SA 4 Detroit 3 San Antonio wins again!

17. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

In last year's finals, SA had a relatively easy path that gave them lots of rest. Detroit had to play many more games in teh tougher eastern conference. Then Detroit lost the first two, as I recall, and had to win 4 out of 5. And they came within five minutes of doing it.

SA, had to win two out of five games and almost lost. Duncan showed himself to be a below average closer, in that he couldn't close out the Pistons.

SA's backcourt is below the Pistons. Rip Hamilton is the best 2 guard in the league with the midrange jumper. With Brown gone, the Pistons are opening up more and playing better basketball.

I would bet against SA this year. They were fortunate last year. Won't happen twice.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Champions raise trophies above their heads. Losers make excuses.

Last it was clear:

Spurs = Champions

Pistons = Losers

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll take you(or anyone else) up on that bet, Pastor Larry.

Here's the bet: If the Spurs and the Pistons meet in the NBA finals in the spring of 2006 and the Spurs win then you can't post anywhere on the Baptist Board for 3 months. If the Pistons win, then I can't post anywhere on the Baptist Board for 3 months.

Let's see if you, or any of the other brave talking Pistons fans or apologists have any guts about themselves, or are just all talk. :D

20. PastorSBC1303

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses...blah blah blah.

I have yet to see one time on here any Detroit fan come out and simply admit that San Antonio won, they were the better team.

But boy can they make excuses....so what's next?

Oh yeah..Detroit is worn down by the time the finals comes around because they have to shovel all that snow...and SA doesn't have to...someone call the league commissioner this is just not fair [​IMG] :rolleyes: [​IMG] :rolleyes: