1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How about them Pistons

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Timtoolman, Dec 10, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Having the title is all that matters - three of them in the last seven years. The lack of respect means nothing to me at all since this is not NCAA Division I football. The NBA title is actually decided on the court, not by an opinion poll.

2. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

That is another tie-breaker, the Pistons and SA each have 3 championships. Adds more too the excitement of this years championship.

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

What about Scotty Pippens bold remarks? He said the Pistons would win 70 games this year. I don't really think they will, but that would be exciting. I think the only team to do that was the Bulls but I forget what year it was.

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I believe it was the '98-'99 Bulls that won 72 games. They had an unbelievable year. They were practically unstoppable and they got all of the breaks all season. No injuries and it just seemed the ball always bounced their way.

I heard Pippen make those remarks as well, I was a little shocked he would say that this early in the year. A lot can happen between now and the end of the season.

If they stay healthy they have a shot, but I realistically do not see it happening. But I think they will easily run away with the top spot in the East.

I also heard Pippen say he was not suprised the Kobe and Shaq did not talk or acknowledge each other before the game because he would not talk to Bill Laimbeer (sp?) and he still wouldn't to this day. [​IMG]

5. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Well everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. At the start of the season it was all the Heat. Now everyone is making great predictions for the Pistons. I think the only chink they got in their aromour right now is over confidence. They are playing with a determination and consistancy to get it done.

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Great game against the Heat last night! Is 70 wins possible? I don't know, but if Detroit keeps playing this way anything could happen.

One thing is sure, it will truly be a crime in Chauncy Billups does not start in the Allstar Game.

7. PastorSBC1303

I think Billups deserves to be the starter. He has been great this year.

Atleast you got the Pistons to keep you excited, since Michigan blew their bowl game [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I think they have just been rock study this year 4His-glory. Instead of that win 2 or 3 easly then blow 2 or 3 by playing poorly.
    The game was indeed exciting. Wade put his pts up but I think he gave half of em back by errors. I tell you if you doesn't get egoitist he is going to be one heck of a player. Pat Rilely is playing Shaq right. Giving him plenty of rest time then turn him loose. Have to admit it scared me a little bit. Has Rilely ever taken a team that hasn't had a ton of talent to the finals?

9. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

SBC, the last play I think totals up their year.

10. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Man Pistons got a whopping that I am sure they wasn't expecting from the cavs.

11. PastorSBC1303

Someone must have told Tim how funny he looked, he got his hair cut [​IMG]

12. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Thats natural SBC!

13. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Pistons make a pt at home in SA. Pop says ball fell thier way. We shall see.
    Rumors that SA maybe be looking at Ron Artest...hmmmm. They said Rasheed was a head case but more likely just passionate about basketball. Ron Artest on the other hand, just a head case.

14. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I hope that SA doesn't take Artest, I respect them too much to see them make a desicion like that. Artest may play well, but his selfish, egotistical antics are not what the Spurs need.

15. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Thats true 4Glory. They do have the rep as the nice guys of the league. Artest will end that unless they can control him. And they might. Sometimes it just takes the right team to help a guy get his head screwed on right.

16. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Deeeeetroit Basketballllll!!!!! Pistons' record is now 30-5! Keep it going!! Last Christmas Day, my friend and I went to The Palace watch Spurs played against Pistons.

Gregg Popovich said, no excuse no matter what if Ginobili is not playing, still Pistons can beat Spurs. Also, he says, we are little bit behind Pistons. That was after the first game of the series against Detroit last Dec 25th. And he is right.

Pistons whipped Spurs in S.A. last week. Even, Ginobili was played against Pistons. I watched it almost all. It was great! During in the third quarer, when Ginobili failed to grab ball from over the line, then he slammed with his hand on the scoring table. Obivously, he was fraustrated.

Spurs have many opporunities as what Popovich said. Spurs missed too many free-throw attempts against Pistons that was no excuse.

Pistons-Spurs game from last week, probably was the best ever I seen Psitons playing so far this season.

Right now, Pistons are playing easy schedule games with east teams this week.

I agree that the East teams are weak and losuy than West teams. That why Pistons having easy games with east teams. Pistons faced tough game against Dallas. They are good team. But, I surprised Pistons beat Spurs twice this season! I am sure Pistons will pay back against Dallas, when they will come here and play Detroit.

Last week, they think Pistons' record is on its pattern or pace toward 70 wins. Well, difficult. Wait and see. Right now, Pistons' record is 30-5. It is pretty good.

Hey, remember 1984 Detroit Tigers' best 40 games start- 35-5 record, and they won 1984 World Series.

I would not be surprise Pistons' best 40 games start - 35-5, because they having easy schedule games upcomings against east teams. They only need 5 games to win for the first best 40 games.

I expect Pistons will break team's all-time record -1989 Pistons' record 63-19 easily. But, to win 70 games this eason is difficult! If they keep on continuing on their pace or pattern. I think they can do it. wait and see.

I hope Pistons will win 2006 NBA Finals this year!

GO PISTONS!!!!!! [​IMG]

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

17. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Hi tim!

I've been avoiding this thread so far - but looks like I'll have to jump in and get back on the Mavs bandwagon!

Mavs are finally developing a defense - Avery Johnson looks to be a lock for coach of the year. Some of the second and third year players are really hitting thier stride, and the big german is playing GREAT! Look out detroit - you are no better than the third or fourth best team in the NBA this year.

18. PastorSBC1303

Wow, yall know I am not a Piston fan....but I think this is a little far fetched. I think Detroit has clearly been the best team in the league. They have been beating teams in the West as well as in the East.

19. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So what 3 teams do you think are playing better than the Pistons right now?

Sounds like your hatred for the Pistons and the fact they are playing so well has blinded your judgment.

20. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

LOL Jim. Hey we all get a little carried away. I know I do and have at times on here...but Jim, your apparently drinking! Ha ha just kidding but I would like to know, like 4His-Glory, what three teams you think are better and why they are not playing better then the pistons.