1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How are you going to use your tax cut to stimulate the economy?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by targus, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not using the public airwaves; therefore, I don't have to. :tongue3:

Hey, with as little bluegrass music as is played on commercial stations a fairness doctrine applied to music stations would definitely work in bluegrass music's favor. :)

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Hold on there Slim, McCain was pro-choice before he became pro-life just to get your vote... I would call that more of a hypocrite pro-life for political expediency. I hate to say it but all they need is a stack of pro-life bumper stickers to get your vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpGUiEWZDUI

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

And I guess no blame should go to the bankers who financed those loans with creative lending tools like "stated income"? They must be the victims, right?

Spending what you have is not what got us here. And many of the loans taken out were within the borrowers means when they got the loan. We must give some credit to all the jobs that went overseas and the amount of layoffs we're having. I'm not saying this accounts for 100% of the bad loans, but of the 600K who got pink slips last month, what you bet most will soon be on the foreclosure list?

4. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

I don't care much for pizza.

Perhaps I will rush out and buy a new digital TV set made in China........

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Creative lending tools that became necessary because of regulations like requiring the giving of loans to those who would not otherwise be credit worthy.

Companies can do business here or elsewhere. When this country is not as competative as others to set up employment then the jobs go overseas. Nothing wrong, immoral, or unethical about that.

6. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here's the rub Le, Obama said he would be DIFFERENT!! Remember? CHANGE we can believe in....blah, blah, blah....:tongue3:

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When was he pro-abortion? I don't recall any talk of this flip-flopping during the campaign for political expediency.

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God does not have a party Jamie, He does have children within each party. Personally, I would be considered a moderate for I believe Jesus gave us both liberty and conservatism. We have the liberty to govern ourselves as tax and spenders or cutters and savers. There is no biblical "right or wrong" outlined concerning these two differences bewteen the parties. In fact, it is probably healthy that there is usually a tension between the two to keep things in check.

However, when it comes to an issue of abortion, God is biblically clear on the anti-abortion side. So God gives us freedom to choose between tax and spend or cut and save. But God does not give us liberty to support the murdering of innocent babies, and no "lesser of two evils" argument or "there are several issues" argument will clear the blood guilt from our hands.

Obama is pro-murder and therefore as Christians, who are to obey the word of God, we have an obilgation to cut him from our choices for representative. Doesn't matter how wonderful he may seem in any other matter. His immoral act of supporting abortion disqualifies him from a biblical pov.

So Christians who have voted for Obama need to ask God's forgiveness and pray for God to do a work in Obama's life that he may see his sin and change his heart about killing innocent babies in the womb with his executive orders, with his appointments to the courts and with any bills he may find on his desk concerning the issue.

Now Obama is no different than Pilate. He is guilty of the blood of innocents but he had help. He received the votes of hundreds of thousands of people who are no less guilty than those outside Pilates court chanting crucify Him! Christians knew FULL well Obama would increase the torturing and murdering of children. They have no excuse, and they knew full well Obama would appoint judges to courts who will make sure the murders will not be stopped.

Repent brothers! Repent!

God Bless! :praying:

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't think Obama would quailify for the "lesser" of two evils argument. Not with him having the blood of babies on his resume.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Which is part of the problem, right?

When jobs go overseas people here become unemployed and loose wages which makes it impossible to pay they bills to include their mortgage. Then you have this problem of defaulted loans and foreclosures.

Can't have it both ways, jobs here will pay bills and jobs overseas will tank the US economy.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Did you watch the clip? That is McCain isn't it?

12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Hold on there LeBuick. McCain said he wanted to eliminate abortion. Is that pro life or not? Eliminate means stop.

13. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

The statement from the video link is not my concern on his stance. Of more concern to me is when he was asked the question "If his 15-year-old daughter became pregnant and believed that she wasn’t ready to bear a child, would McCain block her from getting an abortion?"

McCain first said that the ”final decision” on ending a pregnancy would be made by his daughter, 15. An hour later, he contacted reporters with a clarification: ”I misspoke,” he said. ”The family decision will be made by the family, not by” his daughter alone, he added.

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sorry, I can't. Can you just give some quotes of him with dates that declare he is pro-abortion?

The subject is what McCain supports and believes should be the law of the land.

15. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

No..the subject of this thread is "How are you going to use your tax cut to stimulate the economy?", but somehow it got derailed.

Anyhow, you asked the question "When was he pro-abortion?". I think his statement that he would allow his 15 year old daughter to make a choice about whether she would have an abortion or not is showing he is pro-abortion.

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

I thought the topic of this thread was tax cut.
    So wheres the tax cut thread if it isn't under the tax cut title.

17. donnA

donnA Active Member

Joe the plumber was never nominated for a government position, no comparison.

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

How about more on topic of this thread, the 'tax cut', just when are we to expect this big boon of money, that for our part isn't going to stimulate the economy, but used more wisely then the waste thats been suggested.

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I'm plan to make a down payment on a mansion so I can pay it in full when my tax cut kicks in. I figure I can get a better price now as opposed to waiting until the tax cut kicks in and the economy rebounds... Prices will soar when that happens since everyone will be wanting a mansion.... :thumbsup:

20. donnA

donnA Active Member

Looks like you don't expect much either to come from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.