How bad is TV

Discussion in 'All Other Discussions' started by Salty, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Salty

Expand Collapse
    20,000 Posts Club

Apr 8, 2003
    I started this thread as to not to hijack:

You stated that HBO is evil - as I stated, I dont get HBO, however, I have heard that there are several good special events - just like any other TV station or network. Therefore by your satement, you are saying that all TV is bad
  2. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills
    Expand Collapse

Oct 3, 2010

In reference to the original thread which started this discussion, I would like to let everyone in BB land know that I like to give Crabtownboy a hard time (I was just funnin with him). As one of the resident liberals I think he should expect it from some of us. In fact in some ways Bro. Curtis is my hero because he is a master at it. I have nothing against Crabby, but I fondly remember "funnin" with BillWald when I first came here and since he is gone someone has to take his place.

Now in reference to your insistence to paint the picture that I think all TV is evil, I still do not see where you are coming up with that. Please look at my picture, it is Hank Kimball from Green Acres a TV character. It used to be Jed Clampett from The Beverly Hillbillies a TV character. If you look at one of my signature quotes it says "No Brag Just Fact" that's a quote from The Guns Of Will Sonnet a TV show with the main character being the late great Walter Brennan. I like TV, I do not think its evil. I probably like it too much.

That being said I do not have cable and if I did I would not pay extra for the premium channels. Do I personally think most of what is on TV these days is garbage, yes I do (this is a discussion board and opinions are still okay aren't they). I choose to use discretion, however, what the rest of you want to watch is your business, its a liberty issue.

I hope this clears up the misunderstanding.

Thousand Hills